• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My first bts show experience - British tarantula society exhibition 2022

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
cool video.
Its a shame for the Davus sp Panama sling that you lost.I had a similar experience with my bunch and lost 3 out of 5.Fingers crossed it all goes well for the new addition.
They are a fiddly one to raise.
Regards Konstantin

Robbiestalkingts

3 Year Member
Hi
cool video.
Its a shame for the Davus sp Panama sling that you lost.I had a similar experience with my bunch and lost 3 out of 5.Fingers crossed it all goes well for the new addition.
They are a fiddly one to raise.
Regards Konstantin
Hi ya only just seen your reply, I'm in Cyprus at the moment trying to film chaetopelma species in the wild so forgive me for slow replies. Yes it was a shame hopefully this one is a little more successful as they are an absolutely beautiful species. Sorry to hear about your deaths, hopefully as time goes on and we gain more experience and information about them, our husbandry can improve with the species

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
Thats great news.They are such beautiful spiders.
Mine are doing good.Managed to sex one female out of them and my other one is a male just matured few days ago with his last moult and will be sending him to someone with hopes that that person to be able to breed them successfully. Unfortunately my girl is too young atm.
Thanks for asking.
Regards Konstantin

Robbiestalkingts

3 Year Member
Hi
Thats great news.They are such beautiful spiders.
Mine are doing good.Managed to sex one female out of them and my other one is a male just matured few days ago with his last moult and will be sending him to someone with hopes that that person to be able to breed them successfully. Unfortunately my girl is too young atm.
Thanks for asking.
Regards Konstantin
That's awesome news, I'm really happy you're having success with them, hopefully you get a few more back if there's a successful breeding

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
Fingers crossed. I was thinking af getting few more slings but the vendor that had them in stock had(have) only one left and I don't have any other slings atm so desided to hold off for now so I don't have to mess about with small feeders and stuff for one sling.Also found winter with the heating on it makes it hard work to keep moisture levels in tiny enclosures as sometimes they just dry overnight. Will definitely get some in future if come across them tho
Regards Konstantin