• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My enclosures for my OW slings

Redsycthe

Happy Sunday everyone,

I just want to ask some questions about my setup for my P. regalis and O. violaceopes.

I have them both in tall deli cup containers, cocofiber is about 4-5 inches, and sphagnum moss. the regalis is on the side of the container almost all the time. I have heard that slings, and juvenile Poecilotheria have a tendency to burrow. The O. violaceopes has burrowed under its moss. I have not introduced a bark hide yet. Is it currently adequate, I'm having no luck at a local level for cork bark.

Redsycthe

Happy Sunday everyone,

I just want to ask some questions about my setup for my P. regalis and O. violaceopes.

I have them both in tall deli cup containers, cocofiber is about 4-5 inches, and sphagnum moss. the regalis is on the side of the container almost all the time. I have heard that slings, and juvenile Poecilotheria have a tendency to burrow. The O. violaceopes has burrowed under its moss. I have not introduced a bark hide yet. Is it currently adequate, I'm having no luck at a local level for cork bark.
O. violaceopes 1"
P. regalis 1.5"

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi
The Pokie will stay on the side of the container until you can provide a hide for it..
Can you not order some cork bark online?
Pokies do burrow but use there cork to make that burrow and make dirt curtains up and around it :)