• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Dubia colony...!

~*~*Poeci Princess*~*~

3 Year Member
My healthy, well-fed, and can def say SPOILED ROTTEN feeder Dubia's!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361546234.860516.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1361546263.140588.jpg

Just moved them up to a 12gl bucket thingy with locking lid, 2 huge food/water dishes made from the bottom of soda bottles for less hectic feeding and watering. I feed them high quality roach chow, and use gel water crystals to hydrate them for less mess and less soggy carton and no mold!

entomology

3 Year Member
The cartons will get soggy and moist as you are closing the lid to the container. if i may suggest rather put a heat source underneath the egg cartons and leave the container open as the moisture then will not be an issue and ur dub's will do well. remember they cannot climb smooth surfaces that's why they make good feeders.

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I would recommend you ditch the "water" gel and just offer fresh fruits and veggies every couple days. They do not need standing water to survive.
Why replace something as natural as water with a chemical concoction?

kackerman

3 Year Member
The water gel is fine, in fact dubias like humidity. As long as there is not excessive moisture, which causes mold. That said, fresh fruit and veggies is always better for them, especially if you are breeding them. If not, you can always replenish them cheaply online from places like discountdubias.com