• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My baybeees

Spider-Matt

3 Year Member
They will not fight and they love each other.

they live and cuddle with each other.

that looks like a pretty baboon trantula you have there in your avatar

swimbait

3 Year Member
I'm all for anthropomorphizing some animals, spiders are not one of them. Your spiders are not cuddling, they are tolerating. One day you are going to have one fat spider. What species are they?

Spider-Matt

3 Year Member
I'm all for anthropomorphizing some animals, spiders are not one of them. Your spiders are not cuddling, they are tolerating. One day you are going to have one fat spider. What species are they?
I would never puts to baboon trantulas together.

these two will not harm each other they are always well and have crickets always

swimbait

3 Year Member
You really shouldn't be spreading taming is possible, its not safe nor responsible. Do what you want with your spiders but don't tell people its okay to tame them especially old world tarantulas. Your birdeater needs a bigger cage to

Spider-Matt

3 Year Member
that was his temporary cage...he's actually staying with a woman that gave him a very big cage...I knew he would be happier with her so she has him but he's still mine.

okay everyone I recant, please do not ever try to tame your tranchulas.

I did and I swear by it...even the most aggressive baboons will not bite me now.

not tomorrow not next week because I know how to familiarize myself with them and they sense no fear in me.

I do not recommend that you try to do the same thing though.

Spider-Matt

3 Year Member
I kept my bird eater in a suitcase ...it was very big and I let him crawl in the grass a lot and get lots of sunlight and fresh air and mist.

my spiders get a lot of exercise a lot of fresh air.

the bad part about being one of my Ts is lots of people see you and I try to get people to hold them because people really think of it as a life changing experience and overcome their fear.

swimbait

3 Year Member
It is also completely false that they can't bite you if your hand is flat. That is one even I haven't heard before, i'm all for informing the public but with correct information

Spider-Matt

3 Year Member
anytime a spider has ever tried to bite my palm when it was out flat the fangs would not enter it just grazed the skin.

smaller spiders will but I've never had T ever succeed at it

I have owned many many many treasure turantulas.

never have they come any where close to being able to sink a fang into a flat palm

the fangs open wide and then go back together if there is not something for them to pinch

if the palm is cupped then have flesh that they can pinch

keep the palm flat and the skin really tight it was good advice.

I was keeping them outdoors at that time. it was summer and I could tell they like it

DVirginiana

3 Year Member
Tarantulas from Asia, Africa, and Australia... Which is also referred to as the 'old world'. It's an important distinction to make within the hobby because they have more potent venom than new world tarantulas (those from North and South America).

Spider-Matt

3 Year Member
the bite of baboon tranchulas hurts worse than any but it doesn't make me swell at all.

oddly enough when I let my Oklahoma Brown leave his fangs in me...I had muscle cramps for the next 48 hours...it was an experiment

My Mexican red knee had an interesting bite...my hand turned as red as his knees.

I have held hundreds of wild spiders and experimented with their venom. One from new york made my knuckles swell up the size of grapes and my fingers turned white.

oddly enough the bites of the Goliath spider is the most harmless I've ever experienced. no swelling no blood it's very gentle bite. a little pinch. how ironic coming from the largest spider in the world.

Im not recommending any of this it is very bad habit but I used to be highly arachnophopic and it was by making a wolf spider bite me that cured me forever of my phobia.

And it made me fall in love with my fear. Venom fangs and all! :) it was euphoric!

People have been calling me spiderman since I was 15!

swimbait

3 Year Member
I can't believe you didn't lose a spider in the process of keeping them outside. What state? I would think my T's would cook in an hour being outside in the summer