• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My 2 K. brunnipes - you may need a magnifying glass

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
These 2 are doing well although I don't see much of either of them.

Pixie has dug a burrow, a lovely tiny hole and done a little webbing.

Elf is so tiny it doesn't bother digging but just slips down between the substrate and the container side. You can just see its bum sticking out at top right.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's what my LP sling does, too, slipping in between the substrate and the container.
They're lovely little things!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow so tiny! Thanks for sharing your photos! Have you added any to the media gallery?

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I never see Pixie now it's so well hidden but Elf has made a very impressive burrow for one so tiny.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I still see Elf regularly in its burrow down the side of the vial but Pixie has been in hiding for a while but earlier I spotted a moult in its vial so when I fed them tonight I fished it out, it is so, so tiny. The tweezers are cosmetic tweezers so it gives you an idea if the size, I measured the gap and it is 4mm.

Half an hour later Pixie appeared to grab a pinhead cricket.

I think Elf may have moulted and left its exo down the burrow as I'm sure its bigger than before.

Last edited: