• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mug shots

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My immediate reaction to that was 'I'm not a "gent"...I'm from Texas'. I guess it sounds like a European term to me.

I'm from Texas-, too. Born & raised. I'm from a little town called Franklin. It's about 45 min from Bryan College Station and the closest major city would be Houston at about 90 miles out. :). I speak French... fluently and talk to people from Europe. :) Habit. Lol ....I say "gent", "fella", "man", lol.....so many uses for different terms.... :).

syzygy

3 Year Member
I'm from Texas-, too. Born & raised. I'm from a little town called Franklin. It's about 45 min from Bryan College Station and the closest major city would be Houston at about 90 miles out. :). I speak French... fluently and talk to people from Europe. :) Habit. Lol ....I say "gent", "fella", "man", lol.....so many uses for different terms.... :).
Small world. I live right off of Hwy79. I'm just at the far other end in Round Rock.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nice! i just spent a week in Fort Worth. Had a lot of fun too. Way different than i expected ;) Everything you see/hear about texas gives you a mental picture of either Dalls, or the far west scrub lands, or the coast, or the border wall lol. Fort Worth reminded me more of the midwest with all the trees. I really liked it there, for the week i was there. I was glad to get home where people talked normal though :p

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Nice! i just spent a week in Fort Worth. Had a lot of fun too. Way different than i expected ;) Everything you see/hear about texas gives you a mental picture of either Dalls, or the far west scrub lands, or the coast, or the border wall lol. Fort Worth reminded me more of the midwest with all the trees. I really liked it there, for the week i was there. I was glad to get home where people talked normal though :p
I miss Texas. I wanna go back & visit soon....been a while. :) I miss the pastures enclosed in barbwire fences.. the fog early in the fall mornings that would sit just atop the hay right before it's cut.....the deer at the edge of the clearing in the fields.....I lived out in the country....on a farm per se, lol. :)

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I miss Texas. I wanna go back & visit soon....been a while. :) I miss the pastures enclosed in barbwire fences.. the fog early in the fall mornings that would sit just atop the hay right before it's cut.....the deer at the edge of the clearing in the fields.....I lived out in the country....on a farm per se, lol. :)
I grew up in Alaska..there is no place like it. I've been in Texas for twenty years. I hate the heat, but unbelievably I've started to like the scrubland and red Texas dirt/clay. Its hell digging in it though..and I also dislike the morning fog for half a year. I do like the critters though. I currently have a banded armadillo thats taken up residence under my house. The little **** is tearing my nice lawn up looking for bugs but I don't have the heart to get rid of him. Theres a ten acre field and he chooses to live under my house..
Anyway, its the polar opposite of the land I grew up in. Took some getting used to..

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm not mature! Who are you calling mature???? YOU'RE the one that's mature!!! I barely have any gray hair, yet! That's not nice, Phil!

........jk. ;):D
Ha ha......naturally I meant you are a lady ;)
I only have one or two grey hairs and I am 50 next year so I am deffo the classification MM

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ha ha......naturally I meant you are a lady ;)
I only have one or two grey hairs and I am 50 next year so I am deffo the classification MM
So lucky!!! 2 gray hairs!!!??? That's it???? Urgh.....lol...yes, you are right.....that I am, indeed! ;). I knew what you meant. I was shooting **** for giggles, lol.:p

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So lucky!!! 2 gray hairs!!!??? That's it???? Urgh.....lol...yes, you are right.....that I am, indeed! ;). I knew what you meant. I was shooting **** for giggles, lol.:p
Yeah I know. I knew you would take it in the humour intended anyway. ;)

Latest posts