• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

More Genus Specific Sections

Seekeroftruth

I would like more genus specific sections. It would help new people to learn about their options sooner, thus promoting greater diversity of species in the hobby. It would also help make for more convienient access to information and keep it organized for reference. It would take a while to get the sections filled with information, but overtime would be well worth the additions. It would make it more convienient for people who want to connect with others who own less popular or rare species. It would be much nicer than posting in a general section.

Im assuming it only has the most popular genus so things don't look so cluttered, but there's already the option to minimize it as people see fit. If genus specific sections were kept at the bottom of the home page, people could quickly acess other areas of the forum such as classifides. You could even have the genus section divided into two sections, the first with 'popular' and the second with 'other' so that each can be minimized separately.

I already prefer the setup of the forum to arachnoboards due to genus specific sections but I think it could still be better.

If someone wants a specific genus section added, or in general a larger genus sections post here.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
genus specific gallery is available on AB. That would be useful?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm up for adding a few more subforums but we'll need everyone's help deciding which ones and then also we'll need help sorting all existing threads into the new subforums.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm up for adding a few more subforums but we'll need everyone's help deciding which ones and then also we'll need help sorting all existing threads into the new subforums.
my suggestion was for species specific gallery entries. There is already a general thread for species, just thinking as starter for ten, reuse those for a gallery sub menu along with just a general post what you want. :)

Seekeroftruth

I want a Tapinauchenious subforum and also a Psudoclamoris subforum.

I think it would also be nice to have a Psalmopous subforum. Since they seem to be pretty popular, im surprised there isn't a subforum for them.

I would help with these if possible.

Latest posts