• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Microscope sexing

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
Picked this handy little scope up off amazon for 10.99 shipped. Just came in today. Was able to sex a 1.5" S. calceatum molt as a female with it. Very cool how the little spermatheca looks zoomed in

Attachments

• WP_20141120_004.jpg
    WP_20141120_004.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 42

khatchet

3 Year Member
I will have to pick one up. It would be could to see that close into a molt and to be able to sex them really small.

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
For the price its worth it. It ships from Hong Kong so do expect to be able to read the directions lol but its easy to figure out and only took just over a week to arrive.

hellknite

3 Year Member
It's a technical lab. I test products. So there's also enclosed chambers that can set into any temp and humidity to simulate any weather condition. When I see my T unwell I bring it in as well in an environmental setting same in their natural habitat... but off course I have to hide it from my boss.. ;)

khatchet

3 Year Member
I'm going to school for animal bio. I hope to one day have that stuff . I want to own a pet store one day tho.

Latest posts