• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mhmm!

Tnoob

Meet Priscilla.

Attachments

• 20210307_080548.jpg
    20210307_080548.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17

sch1z0k1tty

Awesome! how long have you had her? And has she always been in this enclosure? Im wondering if she was in deeper sub, but didn’t show interest in burrowing which is why theres not much sub in there. Im thinking of getting one now bc of her gorgeous coloration ^o^ ofc not every t from same species is the same but im hoping mine looks something like your beautiful Priscilla <3

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
As slings G pulchripes tend to burrow like most slings. As juveniles and young adults they tend to stay out, in my experience, but may still use a hide from time to time.

sch1z0k1tty

As slings G pulchripes tend to burrow like most slings. As juveniles and young adults they tend to stay out, in my experience, but may still use a hide from time to time.
Do you know what other terrestrial species exhibit similar behavior?

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thanks! Good to know...I set up my curly hair in an enclosure with more than 30 qts of sub and she refuses to burrow -.- lol
T albopilosus tend not to borrow as juveniles and adults and may not even use a hide nothing to flick hairs versus run... each individual is unique, however.

How about you start a thread with pictures of your tea and it's enclosure?

Tnoob

She has a lot more sub than where I bought her. She's highly defensive, and likes to ignore her burrow mostly. Ive had her since April. She's a terrestrial species, so I didn't do much substrate. I'm doing some care today. I've been worried she might molt, but it doesn't appear to be happening.

Attachments

• 20210307_094913.jpg
    20210307_094913.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 20210307_095034.jpg
    20210307_095034.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 20210307_094913.jpg
    20210307_094913.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 20210307_094900.jpg
    20210307_094900.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 8

Tnoob

T albopilosus tend not to borrow as juveniles and adults and may not even use a hide nothing to flick hairs versus run... each individual is unique, however.

How about you start a thread with pictures of your tea and it's enclosure?
Your point about each individual being different is spot on. Ive had old worlds that weren't this "defensive". She's out a lot and likes to scare the absolute **** out of my cat. His life is in danger if she gets out.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
She has a lot more sub than where I bought her. She's highly defensive, and likes to ignore her burrow mostly. Ive had her since April. She's a terrestrial species, so I didn't do much substrate. I'm doing some care today. I've been worried she might molt, but it doesn't appear to be happening.
She does not appear to be in premolt

However, from those pics, your enclosure seems very tall and if she were to climb and fall from the highest point she could potentially injure herself, or rupture her abdomen. I would fill the enclosure with substrate to leave no more than one and a half to two times her diagonal likes span in free climbing height

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Your point about each individual being different is spot on. Ive had old worlds that weren't this "defensive". She's out a lot and likes to scare the absolute **** out of my cat. His life is in danger if she gets out.
Fear aggression in cats can be devastating to even the most defensive tarantula. Cats are very calculating and divisive and I would not trust one around any of my invertebrates, supervised or otherwise.

Tnoob

Ive never seen her climb before. She does not appear to be in premolt

However, from those pics, your enclosure seems very tall and if she were to climb and fall from the highest point she could potentially injure herself, or rupture her abdomen. I would fill the enclosure with substrate to leave no more than one and a half to two times her diagonal likes span in free climbing height
This is the first time Ive ever caught her climbing. Ive been thinking about doing some work since this morning. Ive been using the same substrate for the whole time and between the dry substrate and between the time I've had her and her matting seems to have compressed the substrate a bit.

Tnoob

Fear aggression in cats can be devastating to even the most defensive tarantula. Cats are very calculating and divisive and I would not trust one around any of my invertebrates, supervised or otherwise.
Cats aren't interested in tarantula.

Latest posts