• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mated my p metalica female with salmon pink

ArachnoHorn

3 Year Member
It's a bad topic but should be informing because a lot of people that are new hobbyists don't understand how detrimental it is to the species of tarantulas to hybridize them. It's a topic that's mostly avoided because you'll always have this one person that will attempt to do so.....that person needs to be educated on this so I suppose it's a good thing. As far as the acceptance of hybridized tarantulas I know that some people that will humanely exterminate them by placing them in the freezer. It's not the spiders fault but it's unnatural unless it happens in the wild. To leave these tarantulas in the hobby and in the hands of an irresponsible person will be bad for the rest of the pure genetics in the event someone tries to breed them. I totally smell "troll" in this thread, however, my willingness to educate those who are uneducated always takes over that side of me. I always try to do the right thing....regardless my opinions about the subject.
Yes that’s true

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
What do you mean, this thread is bad :mad:
I mean it's a joke, and has entertainment value.

The OP appears to be a troll, and that is bad, but behavior is to be expected in today's day and age. Stupidity is as old as the hills. Sorry the troll got your goad.

Ps. Wanna buy a bridge I have for sale in Brooklyn?

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I mean it's a joke, and has entertainment value.

The OP appears to be a troll, and that is bad, but behavior is to be expected in today's day and age. Stupidity is as old as the hills. Sorry the troll got your goad.

I got married on that bridge and he already belongs to my wife ;)

Frogdaddy

3 Year Member
It's a bad topic but should be informing because a lot of people that are new hobbyists don't understand how detrimental it is to the species of tarantulas to hybridize them. It's a topic that's mostly avoided because you'll always have this one person that will attempt to do so.....that person needs to be educated on this so I suppose it's a good thing. As far as the acceptance of hybridized tarantulas I know of some people that will humanely kill them by placing them in the freezer. It's not the spiders fault but it's unnatural unless it happens in the wild. To leave these tarantulas in the hobby and in the hands of an irresponsible person will be bad for the rest of the pure genetics in the event someone tries to breed them. I totally smell "troll" in this thread, however, my willingness to educate those who are uneducated always takes over that side of me. I always try to do the right thing....regardless my opinions about the subject.
It's one thing if an uniformed newb is asking about hybrids. This is a different case entirely when the OP clearly posted to push buttons and agitate people. They clearly stated they don't even like spiders. So why create an account and post what the posted? Because trolls troll. Their only purpose was to make trouble.

NottsM

OK, very entertaining thread, but on a serious note, there are probably lots of hybrids already in the hobby. What about T albopilosum, hobby form and wild type? I'm sure they get cross bred all the time. I have T vagans, T khalenbergi, T epicureanum and T sabulosum - all very very similar in appearance and I'm sure they would cross breed in captivity, obviously they don't do this in the wild because of their different type sites, but if these sites overlap, would they cross breed? I'm sure there are unscrupulous breeders and dealers out there that would not hesitate to cross breed or sell hybrids if there is decent $$$ to be made. We need to remain vigilant and responsible as T owners to preserve what we have and protect the wild populations.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

I blame Robert McCulloch. He, some suggest accidentally brought the wrong London Bridge & transported it to Arizona. Thus moving it, not just closer, but well within Troll walking distance of Silicon Valley.

Think about the timelines. London Bridge is brought in the mid 60's & construction in Arizona is completed in 1971. Now look at the history of the computer. In 1964 a computer we would recognise, even today, is shown in public for the first time. In 1969 UNIX is developed. In 1971 Intel unveils the very first Dynamic Random Access memory chip. Also in 1971 IBM invent the floppy disk & as Silicon Valley is almost a 1000 troll miles from Arizona & thus at least 822 Troll walking days from Silicon Valley, in 1973 Xerox develops Ethernet. I suggest this is more than just coincidence.

Also, Trolls are well known for avoiding anything that gets their feet wet. Hence, their life under bridges & behind VPN's & login names.

:T:

Latest posts