1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male brachypelma Emilia

Discussion in 'Tarantula Breeding' started by Michael bradley, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Michael bradley

Michael bradley New Member

so my first t of my collection shed 2 weeks ago.. tonight noticed now has all the features of being a male.. he about 4 inch in length.. my questions are how long does he roughly have left to live?? Anyone local to Gloucestershire in need of a male to breed with?? Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

Arachnoclown likes this.
  2. Arachnoclown

Arachnoclown Well-Known Member Premium Member 1,000+ Post Club

No one knows how long he will live. I currently have a few mature males that ive bred that matured 2 years ago. I've also had males only live a few months. Being a Brachypelma I'd say you have a couple years with him still.;):beer:
    awareman and Michael bradley like this.
  3. Michael bradley

Michael bradley New Member

Hi thank you for your reply.. well I’m hoping he lives on for a while and hoping can find someone with female to get jiggy with ;-)
  4. Phil

Phil Well-Known Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

is he actually mature yet? will have hooks on his front legs and what look like hard pads (boxing gloves) on the palps. from the picture I do not/cannot see those features. if not yet mature you probably have another 2 years as long as you don't overfeed. If mature, I have 2 females if you can post (PM me if you need any advice)