• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

LP sling enclosure

SpellKaster4

Hey guys.

Just wanted to show the enclosure I have set up for my LP Peter. It's an acrylic box, 4"x3.5"x2.5" with a magnetic sliding lid. Peter is only 1/2" so I think he should be happy in there for awhile. I'm not totally sure when I should switch him to a larger home. I know I should have some time before I have to worry about it though.

Attachments

• 20180519_201857.jpg
    20180519_201857.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 59

SpellKaster4

They're nice looking enclosures, I've seen similar for ant outworlds but they seem a bit pricey imo, where did you purchase this one?
I was actually given this one. I work at a local pet store and one of our regulars is big into the hobby. I think at last count he had 49 tarantulas. He helped me get all set up and gave me that fancy little enclosure. He said that you can find them on ebay but I've been hunting for another one and I can't find any exactly like it. I've found plenty of ones that are acrylic but none with the sliding, magnetic lid. I'd like to find something similar only bigger for when I need to transfer my LP down the road. Once he's full grown I'm probably going to use a terrarium for him but until then I'm digging these acrylic display cases.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I couldn't find similar for a reasonable price on eBay either, the display cases for cars etc seem expensive too imo, but I've only searched eBay .au for them so far.

SpellKaster4

I couldn't find similar for a reasonable price on eBay either, the display cases for cars etc seem expensive too imo, but I've only searched eBay .au for them so far.
I've looked on eBay and Amazon but couldn't really find anything. It's a shame too cause it's a cool little case too. Has built in breathing holes and everything.