• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

LP growth in pictures

LauraMI

3 Year Member
I'm slightly terrified right now; I just got one (as you know), & your LP is growing wicked-fast! My temps aren't yours though. We don't heat/air condition, so they fluctuate. Less I'm sure in the cabinet I keep the slings in, but still, low to mid-70's during the day; mid to high-60's at night? The cabinet probably stays in the low-70s.
Mind if I do this also, the thread? It'd be interesting to see if temps affect the growth.

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
I'm slightly terrified right now; I just got one (as you know), & your LP is growing wicked-fast! My temps aren't yours though. We don't heat/air condition, so they fluctuate. Less I'm sure in the cabinet I keep the slings in, but still, low to mid-70's during the day; mid to high-60's at night? The cabinet probably stays in the low-70s.
Mind if I do this also, the thread? It'd be interesting to see if temps affect the growth.
Wait until you see how big he got this time! I need to give him a week or so and then feed him before I take him out for a photo. By all means do a photo thread! I'd love to see more of these with all kinds of species and husbandry conditions. Enjoy your LP. :)

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
Photo #6
August 20, 2014
Molted 8/14/14

image.jpg

Last edited:

SniperCrown

3 Year Member
Beautiful LP! I'm jealous you were able to get such good post molt shots, my LP is approximately 3" now, very skittish, and still likes to burrow. I may do a rehouse soon and see if he/she will stay out in the open a little more.

adz07

3 Year Member
How often once they get to the size in your last pic will they molt? I got one a little while back she is deffo in pre molt just taking her time to get there, just curious to how fast she will grow

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
How often once they get to the size in your last pic will they molt? I got one a little while back she is deffo in pre molt just taking her time to get there, just curious to how fast she will grow
I'm hoping to get another molt from him within 3 months from the last molt. There are are variables - temperature, feeding schedule, and sex. Mine is a male which grow faster than females in general. I feed him twice a week until he struts looking too fat, then I go to once a week. I keep him at about 80 degrees.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My 2 have gone from 1'' to 4'' in 3 moults over the 6 months I've had them and one is in pre-moult again now.

Last edited:

sym

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My LP has closed off it entrance. Will take a picture when it moults but not sure when that will be

Sym

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
One of mine has just moulted and is now around 5'' although I've not seen it at full stretch yet.

Lady Lilith

3 Year Member
Hello. I too have an LP that went from 1 1/4 about 7 months ago to 5 - 6 " DLS now. Can you tell me, please, how long does yours take to eat post molt now that it is getting older? Mine molted again about 2 weeks ago and has refused food since. His abdomen is getting too thin for my liking. Thanks in advance and WONDERFUL idea for a thread! :)