• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Loose one Leg.. (IRRITANT PICTURE)

Hadi

3 Year Member
hi everybody,
last week, i saw second front leg of my T .. painfully dispart of his body..

img_2420-jpg.24300

thanks god, he slowly but regularly eat his meals.. but i think he got so depressed and.. :(:(:(

any advice about behaving or feeding him or his enclousre from now on..?

Attachments

• IMG_2420.JPG
    IMG_2420.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 111

LadyFang618

3 Year Member
Awe bless him. Uhmmmmm how did it happen exactly... did it just all of a sudden pop off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
I'm not sure I understood well (my english is bad...): do you mean that your T lost her two first legs? Or is did she lose only one of her second front legs?

Do you have an idea why this happened? Was there some kind of fight with too big a prey? Or is it possible she might have fallen from the top of the enclosure? What is the height between top and substrate? And what decoration?

Sometimes these things happen without us knowing the reason (one of my Ybyrapora diversipes lost one leg and one pedipalp in one week, and I still don't know why)...

Your T will be able to eat the preys without problems (maybe smaller preys just to be extra sure?) if she's only missing one or two legs. And they will regenerate with next molt (smaller, but after some molts they will have same size as the other legs). But the concern is: why did it happened and what can you do to stop this - of course if it's the second leg out of eight she's losing (if there's anything you can do)...

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
I had my A.seemanni loose her back leg. If its not leaking out fluid then she more then likely was able to seal it up. It will regenerate a new leg in the next couple molts. Never a good thing but if she's continuing to eat id say she's fine.

Nov 16
_20161108_195600.JPG

Feb 17
_20170601_115152.JPG

As you can see back leg is there now but looks a little different. She's ok though. Like I said shouldn't have to worry if she's taking food still. Not a happy thing by all means but in my experience she seems ok.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
my T blondi lost one of its back legs in a moult. It is back on next moult but looks a bit skinnier. If only humans could do that. I lost my right foot at 13 in an accident and still not grown back....lol