• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for some friends in the hobby.

Arachtastic

Hey, I'm 26 married and from Michigan. I just started in the hobby, my first t I got a few months back is a brachypelma Emilia (Mexican red leg) named artimus. Me and my wife are getting 2 more this weekend. Hoping to begin operations as a breeder in a year or two. Looking for friends in the hobby, most the people around me are terrified of spiders, and won't even watch the take down videos I get. Anyone trying to chat, and compare specimen etc. Lmk my Instagram is @kingkairosthelyricist

Attachments

• IMG_20210412_190130624.jpg
    IMG_20210412_190130624.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 10

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hey, I'm 26 married and from Michigan. I just started in the hobby, my first t I got a few months back is a brachypelma Emilia (Mexican red leg) named artimus. Me and my wife are getting 2 more this weekend. Hoping to begin operations as a breeder in a year or two. Looking for friends in the hobby, most the people around me are terrified of spiders, and won't even watch the take down videos I get. Anyone trying to chat, and compare specimen etc. Lmk my Instagram is @kingkairosthelyricist
Welcome to the forum/family.
Tons of friends to be made here :)
I am Vincent, 43 years old, married with a 9 years old son and a receding hairline, from Queens NY :p
Switching from your first T to a breeding operation in such a short amount of time sounds a little hard, you might want to ease it in and get a few Ts of yours to mature first. I would recommend getting small slings and develop them into adults first in order to fine tune your husbandry basics but the sky is the limit if you have sufficient time and funding to give to your project.
You will find many breeders here with tons of experience and they are always happy to help and share their knowledge. I will look forward to seeing your new Ts as they'll grow in numbers.
Cheers.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You're married!?!?
View attachment 56310

JK
Welcome to the hobby, and our group :T:
You'll see when you'll get to our place, "Somebody's getting married" from the Muppets take Manhattan was our wedding son and we had the film's cake topper (Kermit and Miss Piggy) from the movie on our wedding cake. Maria is 100% Miss Piggy and as you already know I am a frog... :D
Now our 26 years old friend from Michigan must be wondering what a hell of a forum he just ended up on ;)

Arachtastic

Welcome to the forum/family.
Tons of friends to be made here :)
I am Vincent, 43 years old, married with a 9 years old son and a receding hairline, from Queens NY :p
Switching from your first T to a breeding operation in such a short amount of time sounds a little hard, you might want to ease it in and get a few Ts of yours to mature first. I would recommend getting small slings and develop them into adults first in order to fine tune your husbandry basics but the sky is the limit if you have sufficient time and funding to give to your project.
You will find many breeders here with tons of experience and they are always happy to help and share their knowledge. I will look forward to seeing your new Ts as they'll grow in numbers.
Cheers.
Nice to meet ya Vincent, yeah I'm working on my next two slings. Thursday I'm buying a 1/4 inch pink salmon bird eater and a Thailand gold fringe (2") I wanna start breeding with the brachypelma genus. I really like the temperament and coloration of them. Honestly it'll prolly be closer to 2 or 3 years before I'm operational. But I'm starting to build my collection rn.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Nice to meet ya Vincent, yeah I'm working on my next two slings. Thursday I'm buying a 1/4 inch pink salmon bird eater and a Thailand gold fringe (2") I wanna start breeding with the brachypelma genus. I really like the temperament and coloration of them. Honestly it'll prolly be closer to 2 or 3 years before I'm operational. But I'm starting to build my collection rn.
Start using scientific names, and like Vinny said, get your husbandry and care routine down. I've been keeping for 6 years and only started breeding this year. There is no replacement for experience.

Some may say I'm slow, I feel better not learning by the seat of my pants.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Start using scientific names, and like Vinny said, get your husbandry and care routine down. I've been keeping for 6 years and only started breeding this year. There is no replacement for experience.

Call me Vinny and I’m gonna start charging you

Arachtastic

You make good points, prolly gonna wait till I have a large collection matured and then seek breeding loans, or like find some more local people and meet up to pair the Ts for my first couple litters. I was doing research into sling incubators etc and spend a lot of time watching care and husbandry videos etc from tarantula collective, dark dens etc. Honestly this was something I wanted to get into for a while just didn't have the right circumstances.

Arachtastic

She's been working on her new burrow (still haven't confirmed, I'm just hopeful since her forelegs aren't noticeably longer and her bum is more round and was fatter before she molted) if anyone can confirm for based on these pics lmk

Attachments

• IMG_20210420_193112646.jpg
    IMG_20210420_193112646.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210420_193017161.jpg
    IMG_20210420_193017161.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210420_193044612.jpg
    IMG_20210420_193044612.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
She's been working on her new burrow (still haven't confirmed, I'm just hopeful since her forelegs aren't noticeably longer and her bum is more round and was fatter before she molted) if anyone can confirm for based on these pics lmk
What would you like us to confirm friend, I do not see a question.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Spermathecas vary drastically in sizes and shapes depending on the species so you have a lot of reading ahead of you my friend ;)
Look up the thread about sexing tarantulas, you’ll have plenty of examples to compare.
If you behave and do your homework we will introduce you to our ventral sexing goddess @CaseyK :p

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Look up the thread about sexing tarantulas, you’ll have plenty of examples to compare.

Latest posts