• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Looking for ideas

NewTMomma

Hey there! My Pink Toe has had 3 successful molts. I have had her since she was maybe an inch and she is definitely bigger now.. I have her in an enclosure that is 8x8x11.5 inch terrarium and I feel I should get a bigger one. Looking for a general size and location to purchase from..Thanks so much!

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hey there! My Pink Toe has had 3 successful molts. I have had her since she was maybe an inch and she is definitely bigger now.. I have her in an enclosure that is 8x8x11.5 inch terrarium and I feel I should get a bigger one. Looking for a general size and location to purchase from..Thanks so much!

You wouldn't need anything bigger than that for a common pinktoe. :) That size terrarium is perfect for an adult size pinktoe.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
20200802_124457.jpg
Thats the perfect size for pinktoes...anything bigger is a waste of space for them. All my pink toes are in that size except my goliath pink toe Avicularia Braunshauseni which is in a 10 gallon conversion.

NewTMomma

You wouldn't need anything bigger than that for a common pinktoe. :) That size terrarium is perfect for an adult size pinktoe.
And what should I do if her terrarium is quite messy? Her webbing is not in tact at all..Should I attempt to clean when she is done healing from her molt and allow her to start over?

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
And what should I do if her terrarium is quite messy? Her webbing is not in tact at all..Should I attempt to clean when she is done healing from her molt and allow her to start over?
Your preference. In general, as long as there is no mold, Ts don't care how messy their homes are. They may evacuate an exuvium, but poop and broken collapsed webs are no problem. All of my Pokies have pooped down all of their walls. I have had a regalis for 5 years. Lots of debris. Haven't cleaned it yet.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member

I just spot clean regularly and wash the glass. About once a year I'll place them in a 32 oz deli cup for the day and give their enclosures a deep clean.

Latest posts