• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Looking for a Female Brazilian Black

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Dang. I have 2x ~4" females available, lol.

dirtyfo

Dang. I have 2x ~4" females available, lol.
How much for them? How long does it take for a female to be able to breed? I know the females can live for a long time , like 15-20 years, but I don’t know what age they can breed at. I have a male I raised from a sling that is about 3.5 years old now.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How much for them? How long does it take for a female to be able to breed? I know the females can live for a long time , like 15-20 years, but I don’t know what age they can breed at. I have a male I raised from a sling that is about 3.5 years old now.

You can breed a female at 3/4 of their average adult leg span. So I'd say a female Brazilian Black can be paired at 5.5-6". Age doesn't really matter. Also, you can look at their spermatheca after molting to see if they have sclerotized (turned dark). That's another way you can tell they are ready to breed. I sold one of my females yesterday but I still have one left. She is $350 plus shipping ($400 shipped LAG).