• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lil pinktoe not eating

jasperbagley

Ha I understand man, I sold a friend of mine an H. Gigas and he said he knew what he was doing. I go to his house 3 days later and he damn near flooded the enclosure with water saying he was just making humidity

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Care sheets are guidelines at best, not bibles.
Thank the spider gods for experienced keepers and forums like this.

Grandsouls

I am a noob with tarantulas so take me lightly. But I have a fairly new pink toe as well very close to the size of yours. I keep her in a 65 oz deli cup, nice and tall, big enough for her to explore and web. I have soil in bottom very slightly moist with some drainage holes on the bottom with some mesh glued over top., and branches for her to web and make nest in. I think reducing size of her enclosure could help a ton. When I bot her, she was housed in a large enclosure and also did not eat for apparently 3 months. Since under my care and in MUCH smaller enclosure she has been eating like no tomorrow, after the first week of keeping her.
I have not worried about humidity really, i just supply her with small dish of water and one spritz of water every week or so. She seems to be thriving webbing super active and eating like crazy. Pretty sure she would eat daily if given the option.
Id highly recommend a small tall enclosure. Then leave her alone for a while along with what everyone else has stated.
Also : You can get deli cups from grocery stores/deli, if you ask for a tall deli cup, most of the time they will just give it to you for free. If anything charge you like a dollar. Or a tall cricket container works great too, since they have vent holes already made on lid.
Also again: Be aware of what kind of soil and substrate you have. Some soil will hold onto moisture like crazy, and some will drain and dry up quickly. My girls substrate is very quick draining, as well the vents on the bottom allow for ventilation so no mold or mildew will form. But still. I quite literally give ONE spritz of water every week or so. And she seems to be thriving like crazy. I do live in a basement sweet however so house humidity is a lot higher then maybe what you have. But imo less humidity is better than to much.

Last edited: