• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Leopard Gecko advice

ta122

C73441D5-4F0F-427D-89B9-6528C2C598DD.png
A9443BE5-2A76-4BA5-8113-7E0C5709E1B6.png

The photos provide context for the situation I need advice with. I did research before getting these geckos. I read numerous articles that stated keeping leopard geckos together was fine. Am I causing harm in some way that the internet has mislead me on? To reiterate, mine get along. Thanks in advance.

MBullock

3 Year Member
Just your standard 'karen' rant, really lol.

These guys will cram together into a crevice in the wild. Banded geckos do that too. You can sometimes open a sprinkler box and find dozens of them clustered inside. The most ive seen are tail nips which seems to be a social behavior rather than territorial. Males will fight though and they will annoy the females with constant courtship attempts.

The most insane rant ive seen was some unhinged lady raging about how leos need to bask in UV, then when i called her out on them being nocturnal she claimed they 'expose their belly to the sun inside their burrow'. All i was trying to tell her was calcium powder alone isnt enough and you need magnesium and vitamin b or they cant even absorb the calcium..

I cant talk too much smack though back when my brain was all messed up and i was crazy and smoking cigs and taking poor care of myself i was kinda like that too, myself lolol. I look back at some of the crap ive said over the years and cringe hard lmao

ta122

Just your standard 'karen' rant, really lol.

These guys will cram together into a crevice in the wild. Banded geckos do that too. You can sometimes open a sprinkler box and find dozens of them clustered inside. The most ive seen are tail nips which seems to be a social behavior rather than territorial. Males will fight though and they will annoy the females with constant courtship attempts.

The most insane rant ive seen was some unhinged lady raging about how leos need to bask in UV, then when i called her out on them being nocturnal she claimed they 'expose their belly to the sun inside their burrow'. All i was trying to tell her was calcium powder alone isnt enough and you need magnesium and vitamin b or they cant even absorb the calcium..

I cant talk too much smack though back when my brain was all messed up and i was crazy and smoking cigs and taking poor care of myself i was kinda like that too, myself lolol. I look back at some of the crap ive said over the years and cringe hard lmao
I appreciate you saying this because I was legitimately worried I made some error which had consequences I couldn't fathom.

Oh yeah, males of almost any animal are going to be territorial in some way by nature... which I don't have to tell you.

Expose their belly to the sun... doesn't lying on their back inhibit breathing? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

I figured she was having a bad day, regardless. We all have off days sometimes.

Latest posts