• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Latest Aquisitions: Vagans & GBB

LauraMI

3 Year Member
So with my first two buried (can't see my Chaco & am worried it died) & hopefully only in molt, I was looking forward to Saturday's reptile expo for new spiders. We did pretty well with selling our Beardeds, so in addition to a gorgeous blue Panther chameleon, we brought home a >1" B. vagans and a 2" C. cyaneopubescens.
Husband also scored a deal on a 12" x 12" x 10" cube for the GBB, which is huge, but he was so proud of getting a deal that Spider is learning to deal.
Had a chance at an amazing A. diversipes but decided two was enough and the Vagans is more to my experience level.
Which is wise considering what that poor GBB is in as well as the horrible set-up my G. pulcra is in. Poor thing. Ah well, four more weeks to our next show where once again, we'll be stationed across from one of two of the greatest spider guys!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
The dreaded reptile shows. My downfall. Almost every time. Welcome to the addiction :D.

Those T's are molting. Bet a dollar on it ;)

MatthewM1

3 Year Member
Nice additions, I need to get myself a gbb or 4. Vagans love to dig so give it some deep tightly packed substrate with a starter burrow and it should start tunneling away.

LauraMI

3 Year Member
Vagans love to dig so give it some deep tightly packed substrate with a starter burrow and it should start tunneling away.

It definite did that. But could it be molting? It refused a cricket after a few days in its new enclosure, went under the cork, and barricaded itself in with substrate & webbing. It did have a very plump abdomen w/ a bald &/or shiny patch.

Latest posts