• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

L. parahybana eggs (and some with legs)

Kazegal

The sac has already been pulled and the heat source was quite far off the enclosure the mother was in, but maybe still too close... She was always in a cork bark retreat with the sac.

Kazegal

It's been a while! So of the second sac only two slings hatched. I did find, as ArachnoClown had stated, that the eggs were too dry. I should've stuck to my original plan (which I had already changed halfway the first sac) and I would've been more successful.

I've been in contact with local breeders to share setups for the eggs. Thanks for the help and comments everyone!

I had a total of 122 slings, 42 of which I have donated to a local seller and friend of mine. The rest is still with me. Most are now 2FH and they all eat well (as I would suspect of L. parahybana, the little munchers!).

Jenniferinfl

Congrats! I'd be terrified of breeding LP's because of their ridiculous numbers of eggs, I feel like you ended up with the right amount.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm looking forward to breeding mine, sounds like I'll also need to experiment with some kind of cabinet since I don't have my own T room- YET.. lol

Kazegal

That is a great point. I had read about upwards op a thousand eggs per sac and am happy with the amount I ended up with. My T-room is getting a bit small (or actually, the room is plenty big but the storage area is too small), but I'm going to check prices for a custom made closet so I can house more tarantulas.

Latest posts