• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

L p is she in molt

Steve b

Hi everyone. I have a lot and he or she has been in her hide hug herself in and been there for a month. She or he. I'm not sure yet is about 3inches so still small so far . She was eating very well and every
Week I would put two mid size crickets in with her and she would take them out no problem. So I'm hoping she is in pre molt. Any info would be welcome thanks

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry but there's no way for us to tell! She very well may be in pre-molt. Continue to monitor the environment and keep it consistent and she should resurface soon!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah no food. Just keep her away from any stressful lights or sounds vibrations or unnecessary movement. Just let her chill. In Spanish we say dejala

Steve b

Well hopefully she or he wont take to long . I have a panarm blond a pink tow and a curly and they are doing well but the l p is the most active and if anything going in her habitat God help them lol.

Steve b

Hi guys . My curry haired t started what I thought was a molt on a web now he seams to have changed his mind . He started to play around with the web and maybe he will get more comfortable and try again is this normal. Pleas if anyone knows could you let me know thanks

Steve b

Oh I'm not sure but my wife was up last night and she said he was banging about tapping the sides of his enclosure. So maybe this is what he was doing . Althhe has gone quite bald on his abdomen. Doea that make sence to you ?

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh I'm not sure but my wife was up last night and she said he was banging about tapping the sides of his enclosure. So maybe this is what he was doing . Althhe has gone quite bald on his abdomen. Doea that make sence to you ?
Definitely a mature male... They go around there enclosures tapping for a female and the bald abdomen is common in MMs
He won't moult again as the last one was his penultimate, did you aquire him as an adult?
You will find that he will hardly eat now if at all.. Ensure he has a full water dish at all times as its common for males to end up dehydrated.. He is on borrowed time now because often once matured they don't live long here is a picture of our mature male albo ( curly hair) for reference...
IMG_20200413_011551.jpg

Steve b

Oh . I think your spot on he looks that photo and I'm quit sad now that he might be on his way out. I got him as a part deal on 2 other ts si didnt know much about him . But looking at his behaviour and the look of his abdomen he looks like it's a sure thing tha hes a mm . Oh dear. Thanks for you advice I will keep him fully hydrated. Thanks again

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Oh . I think your spot on he looks that photo and I'm quit sad now that he might be on his way out. I got him as a part deal on 2 other ts si didnt know much about him . But looking at his behaviour and the look of his abdomen he looks like it's a sure thing tha hes a mm . Oh dear. Thanks for you advice I will keep him fully hydrated. Thanks again
I know it can be disappointing to find out that you have an MM but enjoy him whilst you have him it's nature unfortunately, you may have him up to two years still ( obviously some live longer than others) good luck :)

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi guys . My curry haired t started what I thought was a molt on a web now he seams to have changed his mind . He started to play around with the web and maybe he will get more comfortable and try again is this normal. Pleas if anyone knows could you let me know thanks

I agree with @octanejunkie . If it appears to be lying on its back and playing with its web, that's what mature males do when distributing/collecting sperm. You may have a mature male making a sperm web.

Latest posts