• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Juvenile B.albo care

xoellieox62

3 Year Member
I'm going to get my first (of many hopefully) tarantula this weekend!!!
A juvenile Brachypelma albopilosum. It's 5cm I'm just wondering how the care for a juvenile is diffrent from an adult, I have done lots of research on adult care and apart from feeding and molting more often I don't know what else will need to be different? I want to keep it in the tank it will be in as an adult. also I'm not sure if it is male or female but for each sex how long will it take to be classed as and adult?

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A 2 inch B albopilosum could be an adult in anywhere from 2-6 years, roughly. It depends on how often you feed it and what temperature it's kept at and whether it's male or female. This is a very rough estimate..The difference in care is none :)

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Congrats! What a great choice for a beginner. The care should be the same; dry substrate, a hide, and a water dish. Feed him/her once a week or so. Mine generally doesn't use her hide except to molt. She does enjoy digging quite a bit.

How large is the adult enclosure you're looking at?

xoellieox62

3 Year Member
Congrats! What a great choice for a beginner. The care should be the same; dry substrate, a hide, and a water dish. Feed him/her once a week or so. Mine generally doesn't use her hide except to molt. She does enjoy digging quite a bit.

How large is the adult enclosure you're looking at?
Thanks :) The enclosure I'm looking at is L x W x H: 30cm x 19cm x 20cm
does this sound ok for now and when it's an adult?

Latest posts