• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just ordered my dream T

Sabeth

3 Year Member
What kind of T is that? I googled it but nothing came up. Would love to know what it looks like! :)

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
It's the Brazilian blue, or the Brazilian violet blue. First described in 2010 I believe. Their habitat is threatened and they are now being captive bred. It's a truly blue new worlder!

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2011/sep/17/blue-tarantula-new-to-nature

image.jpg

SPazzyT

3 Year Member
I've been thinking about investing in a blue , most likely one of these.

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens ( Venezuela Greenbottle Blue)

Ephebopus cyanognathus (Blue Fanged Skeleton )

Lampropelma violaceopes(Singapore Blue)

Xenesthis sp. Colombia/blue(Columbian Purple Bloom Bird Eater)

Prudance

3 Year Member
Very cool. I had to google this one, too, as i had not heard of it before. They are gorgeous. Congrats!

Oh and we're going to want to see some pics when you get her!

SPazzyT

3 Year Member
Oh my, beautiful. I love seeing spiderling's fresh from delivery. I may be investing soon in a batch of 5 so may need some advice from a selection list. Hard to get variety when your mind is on one track with no suggestions. Any chance you did a video unboxing?

lazorkat

3 Year Member
I've been thinking about investing in a blue , most likely one of these.

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens ( Venezuela Greenbottle Blue)

Ephebopus cyanognathus (Blue Fanged Skeleton )

Lampropelma violaceopes(Singapore Blue)

Xenesthis sp. Colombia/blue(Columbian Purple Bloom Bird Eater)
i would recommend the GBB if you are new to the hobbie they arnt all that blue tho nor is the Blue fang and they burrow so you wont see them much a L violoceopes can be very blue but they are quite venomous and are aggressive / defensive .. mine is more purple than blue and is very calm for her species .. but only the females are blue/purple

Scoolman

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Awesome. I got four of them a couple months ago. Very fast, and a bit jumpy. They seem to be shy eaters, I never see them take prey, but they will have in their fangs when I go back to check on them.

HungryGhost

3 Year Member
Awesome. I got four of them a couple months ago. Very fast, and a bit jumpy. They seem to be shy eaters, I never see them take prey, but they will have in their fangs when I go back to check on them.
Good luck with them. Mine is a tiny sling 1/4" tops, how big are yours? Mine eats well, munching down fruit flies at present but you're right, I've never seen it take prey, just eat it!

Latest posts