• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

just got a bit from my baby Brazilian Black

mindburner

3 Year Member
Well I was a bit sill and put my hand near the small spiderling, it's about 2cm leg to leg and got a small bite. It was sooo fast! I can see two very small puncture holes in my skin on my finger. It's not sore but I can feel a little rough spot. Hopefully my finger won't fall off;)

Attachments

• PENT5285.JPG
    PENT5285.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 295

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They can certainly move fast when they want to.
If you suffer any effects like itching from the bite take Piriton (an anti-allergy tablet that contains chlorpheniramine maleate Ph.Eur. 4mg). Creams or tablets that contain anti-histamine can help too. You can buy Piriton over the counter in most supermarkets or chemists in the UK.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry you got tagged, guess he didn't like big old fingers in his/her space.
Guessing it was a dry bite and a little warning. Have to love how these tiny things are ready to go to war with us, must seem like behemoths to them.

mindburner

3 Year Member
hi yea just a couple of tiny holes in the outer layer of my skin. I have had much worse out walking in the woods from insects. The speed of the little beast was impressive, jumped on me like a tiger. I'm pretty careful with my 2 big T's but I sort of though this little fella was pretty unthreatening. I guess it is really, but a good warning for me none the less.

magnified finger shot coming up..

Attachments

• finger.jpg
    finger.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 290

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Lol had to magnify it to see it! Glad it wasn't a bad bite. And as you said. A good reminder that any of them might be having a bad day. My big old porteri came running and threat posed me today for moving her water dish to clean it. I have zero doubt she'd have tagged me if she could have, usually she's a lovely pet rock.

Last edited:

Latest posts