• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this bad?

dhclark92

3 Year Member
Toads and wet prey I put in my cage get covered in coconut shavings sometimes when I put the min the cage. Im wondering if this is harmful for the tarantula to try and digest, the coconut shavings that is. The stuff clogs up sinks real bad ive notcied anybody have any bad experiences due to this stuff?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
If you feed your T wild caught toads, or toads at all for that matter STOP! now.
If your using the hard coconut chips, that's not a good bedding, you want coconut coir( the fine dirt looking stuff)
and if your worried about your tarantula ingesting the substrate, that's not an issue.

BigTGirl93

3 Year Member
Feeding your T caught prey from outside is a big no no, any kind of insect outside can be exposed to different types or pesticides that you could infect your T with once they digest prey! NOT good!

Also, I use Eco Earth Coconut Fiber brick substrate-it gets really soft and makes a good soft substrate for Ts! 100% safe!:D

Latest posts