• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is she in pre moult

Wayne harper

3 Year Member
I'm wondering if my son's b smithi is in pre moult she hasn't eaten since the end of October and is really sluggish and hiding under her cork bark a lot. I was hoping I wouldn't put a post on like this but I'm getting a little worried now.

Attachments

• 20151207_182656.jpg
    20151207_182656.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Nothing to panic about. If it's normally a good eater and it's suddenly refusing food then there's a pretty strong possibility that it's in premolt.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i agree. mine has gone 2 months without eating before. i worried a little but just offer it food every week or 2 until she eats. :)

RedCapTrio

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Colors looked pale so I'd say in premolt. Is this girl a sub-adult still? That leg span will sure get longer. :T:

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry entity that's my yorkshire dialect coming out. But I think it would have a go at any animal that fell in

Sounds like my Vagans. You can almost hear the "om nom nom" coming out of the enclosure when I drop a pinhead lateralis in. The only thing it hasn't eaten so far are fruit flies, but then again they immediately run up the wall and stay on the ceiling, and Redrum likes to stay on the substrate under the silk leaves where it's moist.