• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is Palp Friction real? Did I get scammed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dmantook

I've not ordered from Palp before but couldn't pass up the opportunity to own a rare & beautiful T. I plunked down a ton of dough & my credit card was charged on January 3rd.

Here is what concerns me:

I've attempted to contact them 5 times through various ways including their gmail address;

When I email, I get a canned generic response (not addressed to me with my name) stating they are having email troubles & to email them at a gmail address, which I did several times with no response to me - just the same canned response;

The T was sold to be mail the week of "January 13" but, obviously, no T was shipped. Their canned generic response says they will ship in February when weather warms up. You have to think they know the weather where they live in Michigan so why sell a T to be shipped in January if it's too cold. Do they think Febuary will not be too cold to ship from Michigan;

The phone number on their website is fake. The number rings to PRC professionals research corp.

Did I get scammed?

Nunua

3 Year Member
You did not get scammed. Palp Friction is real and as far as I know they usually get in contact with you when they have checked through your order. They mention even on their Facebook page about having problems with their email.
b91ee2a5f1.png

It's also good to remember than in their shipping policy it says
"We reserve the right to decline shipping in temps above 90°F or below 40°F, without voiding the LAG. We reserve the right to delay shipment until weather conditions are suitable; or due to other unavoidable issues such as molting."
and on their site they mention that they're dragging behind their shipping schedule due the bad weather / weather warnings.

So nothing shady there.

HERE is one Palp Friction review on this forum, more can be found by using the search function.

Last edited:

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
They are for real. Your trying to purchase a spider at the worst time of year. They have mentioned in the past orders get backed up this time of year. If you haven't heard from them they are backed up and answer people in the order in which they recieved the orders.

Heres a old unboxing video I did from them...

Dmantook

You did not get scammed. Palp Friction is real and as far as I know they usually get in contact with you when they have checked through your order. They mention even on their Facebook page about having problems with their email.
b91ee2a5f1.png

It's also good to remember than in their shipping policy it says
"We reserve the right to decline shipping in temps above 90°F or below 40°F, without voiding the LAG. We reserve the right to delay shipment until weather conditions are suitable; or due to other unavoidable issues such as molting."
and on their site they mention that they're dragging behind their shipping schedule due the bad weather / weather warnings.

So nothing shady there.

HERE is one Palp Friction review on this forum, more can be found by using the search function.

Thank you!

That Facebook post is the same generic auto reply response I've recieved from Palp. I've sent a couple of emails to their gmail address and have not heard back for a couple of weeks. I've also ask for a good phone number to call them & provided my phone number but still have not heard back or received a call.

Do you anything about the fake phone number?

Thanks again.

Nunua

3 Year Member
anything about the fake phone number?

I don't even see a phone number on their site what I super quickly checked.

Just try to remember that sending them a bunch of emails just makes it difficult for them to check if there are questions from people they've already contacted themselves. I can see how their email and gmail are full of "When are you shipping?!?!?!?! Why aren't you answering?!?!?!" titles from various people..

Also what @Arachnoclown said: This is a horrible time to order any livestock.

With tarantula (or others) vendors, always do your research well before ordering. Fast googling shows a lot of reviews, unpacking videos etc. which are absolute proofs of them being a real business.

Dmantook

They are for real. Your trying to purchase a spider at the worst time of year. They have mentioned in the past orders get backed up this time of year. If you haven't heard from them they are backed up and answer people in the order in which they recieved the orders.

Heres a old unboxing video I did from them...
Thank you for the response. My first email to them was January 3rd - two weeks ago.

Dmantook

I don't even see a phone number on their site what I super quickly checked.

Just try to remember that sending them a bunch of emails just makes it difficult for them to check if there are questions from people they've already contacted themselves. I can see how their email and gmail are full of "When are you shipping?!?!?!?! Why aren't you answering?!?!?!" titles from various people..

Also what @Arachnoclown said: This is a horrible time to order any livestock.

With tarantula (or others) vendors, always do your research well before ordering. Fast googling shows a lot of reviews, unpacking videos etc. which are absolute proofs of them being a real business.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200117-095217_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200117-095217_Samsung Internet.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 20

Nunua

3 Year Member
@Dmantook - To be honest the phone number doesn't need to be fake or anything... They don't have such number on their actual website, so it could be such a simple thing like that they have forgotten to take it down on the shop domain if they no longer use it.

Also, you have used your credit card so you should be completely fine if you won't get what you ordered - At least in Europe.... But please, stop stressing and let their do their job :) They will get in contact after they have got through the order list. Two weeks is long time, yes, but like said: this time is awful what comes ordering any livestock.

Dmantook

Thanks Nun
@Dmantook - To be honest the phone number doesn't need to be fake or anything... They don't have such number on their actual website, so it could be such a simple thing like that they have forgotten to take it down on the shop domain.

Also, you have used your credit card so you should be completely fine if you won't get what you ordered - At least in Europe.... But please, stop stressing and let their do their job. They will get in contact after they have got through the order list. Two weeks is long time, yes, but like said: this time is awful what comes ordering any livestock.
@Dmantook - To be honest the phone number doesn't need to be fake or anything... They don't have such number on their actual website, so it could be such a simple thing like that they have forgotten to take it down on the shop domain if they no longer use it.

Also, you have used your credit card so you should be completely fine if you won't get what you ordered - At least in Europe.... But please, stop stressing and let their do their job :) They will get in contact after they have got through the order list. Two weeks is long time, yes, but like said: this time is awful what comes ordering any livestock.

Nunua. Thank you for your responses and help. It's nice to be helped by a someone on this forum, like you, unlike others who are butthurt when they post.

I'll not confuse a scam with poor communication & incorrect phone number for Palp. I hope it works out.

Thanks again.

IMAGINE1391

3 Year Member
I've not ordered from Palp before but couldn't pass up the opportunity to own a rare & beautiful T. I plunked down a ton of dough & my credit card was charged on January 3rd.

Here is what concerns me:

I've attempted to contact them 5 times through various ways including their gmail address;

When I email, I get a canned generic response (not addressed to me with my name) stating they are having email troubles & to email them at a gmail address, which I did several times with no response to me - just the same canned response;

The T was sold to be mail the week of "January 13" but, obviously, no T was shipped. Their canned generic response says they will ship in February when weather warms up. You have to think they know the weather where they live in Michigan so why sell a T to be shipped in January if it's too cold. Do they think Febuary will not be too cold to ship from Michigan;

The phone number on their website is fake. The number rings to PRC professionals research corp.

Did I get scammed?
I see exactly what you are saying. I’ve done enough research to see that this place is indeed real but that’s not the concern. I was charged instantly when I ordered my T. They can do one thing fast and that’s take your money.

But I’m not gonna sit here and butter them up because they have a paragraph on their website stating it’s cold outside so shipping isn’t easy. Nobody said it was but you still communicate with your paying customers. They are not ran the best. And yes I received an email just like yours. Automated that was sent out to everyone I suppose.

And can anyone explain how I purchased a Pamphobeteus petersi 2.5 inch female over a week ago, and the same T is on the site for sale. Is it likely that they might of had more than 1? Idk I’m not familiar with that but it’s another thing I’m concerned with.

If you want good communication bud. Choose Fear not Tarantulas. Never had an issue with them. Jamie’s Tarantulas is solid to. But this might be the last time I go through Palp. All I ask is for one reply. A real reply that could be a few sentences long.

Dmantook

I see exactly what you are saying. I’ve done enough research to see that this place is indeed real but that’s not the concern. I was charged instantly when I ordered my T. They can do one thing fast and that’s take your money.

But I’m not gonna sit here and butter them up because they have a paragraph on their website stating it’s cold outside so shipping isn’t easy. Nobody said it was but you still communicate with your paying customers. They are not ran the best. And yes I received an email just like yours. Automated that was sent out to everyone I suppose.

And can anyone explain how I purchased a Pamphobeteus petersi 2.5 inch female over a week ago, and the same T is on the site for sale. Is it likely that they might of had more than 1? Idk I’m not familiar with that but it’s another thing I’m concerned with.

If you want good communication bud. Choose Fear not Tarantulas. Never had an issue with them. Jamie’s Tarantulas is solid to. But this might be the last time I go through Palp. All I ask is for one reply. A real reply that could be a few sentences long.

Well said Imagine1391.

Tanya & Jamie are the best. Was just expecting that level of service, which is what we are supposed to receive, from Palp - especially after they charged me close to $500.

With regard to them being a real business, many businesses are great when the start, fall on hard times, and then start scamming. In other words, it's great that Palp has unboxing videos etc in the past but what does that have to do with my $500 now

IMAGINE1391

3 Year Member
Well said Imagine1391.

Tanya & Jamie are the best. Was just expecting that level of service, which is what we are supposed to receive, from Palp - especially after they charged me close to $500.

With regard to them being a real business, many businesses are great when the start, fall on hard times, and then start scamming. In other words, it's great that Palp has unboxing videos etc in the past but what does that have to do with my $500 now
I can maybe see going a couple days and not replying on the heels of your email, but going weeks without a real reply. That’s messed up. Not a good standard to hold as a business. Definitely not a great way to have customers come back. And I’ve “read” everything that is gonna concern my order. And I don’t even want my T rushed here in cold temperatures. I would wait much longer if I had to. I just wanted to buy the T, and “COMMUNICATE” a good time to have it shipped.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
You're correct - something you have to read. Did you read my post?

My concern is not shipping but rather charging my credit card a ton of dough, ignoring my emails and having a fake phone number.
Yeah I read your post...it was quite amusing. You can have the charges removed at any time.

Dmantook

Yeah I read your post...it was quite amusing. You can have the charges removed at any time.

Dude. There is nothing amusing about my post. I'm having difficulty with a seller, posted facts and every other person is supportive & offer advice.

Given that you're a premier member with over 1000 posts, I'd expect you to be a helpful instead of being a little angry clown.

Everyone one else is this hobby has been great except for you, albeit I've not been doing this for a long time.

Maybe concentrate on cleaning your room before your Mom yells at you again.

Peace out. I'm sure you'll report me, you little baby.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yeah...buying a spider in the dead of winter from a company based in Michigan with stated internet and email problems is hilarious.

Dmantook

Yeah...buying a spider in the dead of winter from a company based in Michigan with stated internet and email problems is hilarious.
Pinhead. The listing for the T said it would be shipped the week of January 13th. Given Palp is in the business of shipping items from Michigan, why would they say it would be shipped that week? They know the weather in Michigan. Furthermore, the listing for the T didn't say anything about email problems. There were no stated email problems. Your logic fails.

Once again, you're not helpful. You should strive to be like others in the hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts