• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

is my B smithi okay?

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Also those temperature/humidity gadgets are as good as useless as they are very inaccurate had few they all had different values next to each other and ditched them all.
Regards Konstantin

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
i don't have the ability to change her enclosure at the moment, but i have a heat lamp (non light) and my humidifier running right next to the tank. it's about 70% humidity and 78 degrees F (25.5 C). it's fairly dry and cold where i am in NY.
Heat lamps cause dehydration...Ive never used a heat lamp for a tarantula in nearly 40 years. Heat the room...60-70 degrees is fine. Dont worry about the humidity....humidity levels are from where their ancestors were found. They can adapt to our humidity levels here in the U.S.
P.S. a deli cup is less then $.10

SikmT7

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Great suggestions @Konstantin and is correct, humidity needs do not need to have any micromanagement or overthinking, just simply keep a small bottle cap of water and lightly dampen the substrate. How I keep my T's warm is simply putting an electric oscillating heater in the room and have it set at 74 F. The rest of my house can stay cool with my Tarantula room at a constant 74 F and I live in central NJ.

Latest posts