• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is it molting or sick? :(

Jongmyung

6950C53D-8ED7-4BD3-8D48-760C87F70DBC.jpeg
933605D3-A489-4AE2-9BDD-44210D9A8C69.jpeg

It doesn’t move at all like this since in the morning today.
I don’t think how it stands is not for molt..
Should I leave it alone or do anything for it? :(

timc

3 Year Member
Looks fine to me, just appears to be adjusting. How long has it been in the enclosure?
If I were to venture a guess it looks like a brachypelma species who are prone to be pet rocks anyway.

Jongmyung

Looks fine to me, just appears to be adjusting. How long has it been in the enclosure?
If I were to venture a guess it looks like a brachypelma species who are prone to be pet rocks anyway.

it has been in the enclosure for 3 weeks so far.
It’s Mexican orange beauty.
This guy was active and ate a lot till 3 days ago.
lt still was moving around by last night but suddenly stopped moving since in this morning...

timc

3 Year Member
Should be premolt then. If it is indeed a brachypelma that could be a while, so just don’t sweat it. You may have seen that episode of spongebob where they get lost in the kelp forest and they keep asking conch shell what they should do, and every time they pull the string it says “Nothing”. That’s basically tarantula keeping 101 right there. Just offer food every week just to see if her appetite is there, if not, let her work it out.:T:

Grandsouls

It’s booty is pretty damn big!

I’m novice still but I’d definitely say no worries and it’s in pre molt!

What a adorable little bugger. I’d leave it be if it doesn’t want food no need to stress it or yourself :)

testdasi

It doesn’t move at all like this since in the morning today.
I don’t think how it stands is not for molt..
Should I leave it alone or do anything for it? :(
Just leave it alone. It's pretty normal for T's to not move for a long time. Especially, being nocturnal (with exceptions but mostly), they would prefer to move about at night rather than during daylight.

I don't think it's pre-molting btw. Abdomen isn't dark enough to my eyes. But still, just leave it.