• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ipreventdeath's T Photos

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Here's a bunch of shots of my two Ts and their home.

Athena, my gorgeous sub-adult female G. rosea.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Artemis, a brute of a sub-adult female G. rosea.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Just wanted to show off the new addition to my family :). Here it is, my new 2in Avic!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

For now she resides in the nifty little acrylic box.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Those are amazing close up photos. I wish I had a camera that could take shots like that. Great pics and gorgeous T's (especially the Avic :))!!

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
T
Those are amazing close up photos. I wish I had a camera that could take shots like that. Great pics and gorgeous T's (especially the Avic :))!!

Thanks, Bast! I just used a little Sony pocket camera. Well, maybe I shouldn't exactly call it a pocket camera as it cost $250, but it has a very nice macro mode and takes excellent pictures. I can't wait for that little bugger to grow up!

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My camera has macro mode too, but never seem to come out that clear. Maybe it's just the fact that I have no clue what I'm doing with my camera LOL

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
My camera has macro mode too, but never seem to come out that clear. Maybe it's just the fact that I have no clue what I'm doing with my camera LOL

Haha, it's all about lighting! Increase your lighting and you can have a higher ISO setting which will help make your pictures crisper. It will also allow you to have a smaller aperture setting to retain more focal depth. The way I see it, more lighting equals better photos, especially with pocket cameras.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine is a large camera with a lot of settings that I have no idea how to use LOL

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm actually going to be getting a new camera with my airmiles soon...just need 30 more points. I should be able to get some much better photo's once I get it. Plus it's not as bulky so I will have more mobility with it. I'll make it a priority to learn the settings on that one lol.

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
I'm actually going to be getting a new camera with my airmiles soon...just need 30 more points. I should be able to get some much better photo's once I get it. Plus it's not as bulky so I will have more mobility with it. I'll make it a priority to learn the settings on that one lol.

I recommend getting the Sony Cybershot DSC-WX9. It's the "pocket cam" that I use. It has 16.2 megapixel sensor and takes full 1080p video. It's crazy easy to use and has a lot of adjustable settings. I love that thing. Plus it's really durable. I used it throughout my tour in Afghanistan and its still going strong.

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Seems pretty good, it's 16 mega pixel and supposedly has a really awesome macro setting. The test pictures I saw online looked really good.