• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I'm sure this is normal but...

Signal30

3 Year Member
My Rose Hair appears to be pretty antisocial. She spends 99.9% of her time in her hide. Every once in a blue moon she will venture out to take a drink then slowly meander back in her hide. I suppose this is pretty normal. she's a juvenile (about 4 to 4.5 inches).

The temperature stays around 72 degrees with a daylight and a night light both on timers set on 12 hours.

I assume this behavior is normal, correct?

Denny Dee

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I find every T has its own personality. Nothing you described sounds to me like it would be causing your Rose Hair any undue stress. Does she look healthy when you see her? Abdomen nice and full?

Jesse254

3 Year Member
My Rose Hair is constantly out and she is about he size of yours. My friend has one that behaves like yours and he hardly sees her except when he feeds. They all have different personalities.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
All the Rosies I've encountered before I got mine were like you describe yours, which had initially put me off getting one, but when I bought mine I was won over by her. I consider myself lucky because out of all mine (only 6 though, lol) her and my Genic are the most active and always visible, the Rosea often more so than the Genic, especially now she's decided to eat again.
That said, as everyone says, they're all different and as long as yours is healthy and doesn't look stressed there's no need to worry about a reclusive behaviour. Perfectly normal.

DVirginiana

3 Year Member
Mine is always out, but doesn't move much. The top of her enclosure (small sterlite tub) is opaque though, so she may feel like she's still hiding while she's out.

Signal30

3 Year Member
Funny thing is, the crickets are dumb and go right in the hide where she is. The food comes to her. But she will venture out drink her water.

Latest posts