• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ID this avic please.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah I know...but I had to buy crickets...
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That is so cute. Thank goodness there are no shops round here that sell Ts.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Didn't realize that they had orange striped abdomens. My A avic was probably one molt bigger then this one and blue/black. Least I knew it was an avic. They said it was a chilian rose.
I think it's precious, half wish it would stay milk chocolate color tho :p

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
figured $19.99 couldn't go wrong, I made the mistake of asking what they had in there, he said Chilian Rose, Then grabbed these huge plastic tweezers and started jabbing at it, literally grabbed his wrist. Said enough, that's mine don't touch it. Avic's are wonderful, idc which one it is, I'd cheerfully have half a dozen of them, Love how they walk, floating those legs around :D

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
figured $19.99 couldn't go wrong, I made the mistake of asking what they had in there, he said Chilian Rose, Then grabbed these huge plastic tweezers and started jabbing at it, literally grabbed his wrist. Said enough, that's mine don't touch it. Avic's are wonderful, idc which one it is, I'd cheerfully have half a dozen of them, Love how they walk, floating those legs around :D
yeah the people in the stores are idiots a lot of the time...unfortunately though cant save em all.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm more than aware of that, I've done so much rescue over the years I am fully aware.
Bottom line is, they've been doing it for years and years, my not buying this one isn't going to stop them,
its a complete write off, they don't care if they die. And I know this first hand,
So saved this one, and that's good enough for me.

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My son wanted to save the one at the petsmart here. Avic metallica IIRC about 3" and in a large kritter keeper with nothing to climb, no substrate just a large lizard water bowl with no water.

I was really tempte to save it but luckily i had a 4 hour drive to go pick up a puppy and couldn't get it. Have to stop by there tomorrow to get mealworms. I'm not going near that part of the store lol.

Latest posts