• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I NEED HELP!!! (not eating)

regalis

tagging @regalis as she likes a good pokie and may have some insight but as other have said, a water dish is a must. Pokies are also very light sensitive so if in a bright area, they will naturally want to hide and run away from the light. Try and have him/her in a darker area to settle down.
Like enn49 said... try smaller food. Even some of my larger poecilotheria prefer small food. They will take multiple small crickets rather than a medium- large roach.

Domagoj

tagging @regalis as she likes a good pokie and may have some insight but as other have said, a water dish is a must. Pokies are also very light sensitive so if in a bright area, they will naturally want to hide and run away from the light. Try and have him/her in a darker area to settle down.
Will do ... thanks

Domagoj

Like enn49 said... try smaller food. Even some of my larger poecilotheria prefer small food. They will take multiple small crickets rather than a medium- large roach.
You really think the food is to big for her/him.... okey il take smaller roaches and try giving them to her

Domagoj

If that doesn't work try killing one and leave it over night.
Uff lets hope this works ... thanks alot and is this normal for juveniels and younger tarantulas that they dont eat for a long time ... i mean dont they need to eat alot to grow faster?

E

ExMember

Uff lets hope this works ... thanks alot and is this normal for juveniels and younger tarantulas that they dont eat for a long time ... i mean dont they need to eat alot to grow faster?
I had a Eupalaestrus campestratus 1/2" sling go 6 months without food. They may eat enough food to get ready to moult and then not eat waiting for their new exoskeleton to be ready.

regalis

Mine eat about twice a week but my Metallica slings are very skittish. They sometimes run like mad when I drop a cricket but I normal hear a scuffle not long after I walk away. Then go back and they are munching. You dont want to over feed them.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My P. met is 6 years old and 6" dls and will still only eats medium crickets, a few yes but anything bigger and they get left. In all those 6 years I've only seen her eat once.

Domagoj

My P. met is 6 years old and 6" dls and will still only eats medium crickets, a few yes but anything bigger and they get left. In all those 6 years I've only seen her eat once.
You serious WOW.... hahahahha well ill leave her dead small roaches and we shall see

Domagoj

Mine eat about twice a week but my Metallica slings are very skittish. They sometimes run like mad when I drop a cricket but I normal hear a scuffle not long after I walk away. Then go back and they are munching. You dont want to over feed them.
Im not overfeeding it ... i drop a roach inside and she runs away from him... like hes walking on top of her and idk like i know she can see him and sence him but ... well we shall see il use thw tips you gave me... thanks alot