• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I love watching my Delilah feed ..

lazorkat

3 Year Member
so i went to feed my T Delilah this morning and put a large cricket in her tank , it bounced around for a second and made a dash for the log cover that is Delilah's main hang out .... bad choice for the cricket .. Delilah snaped it up and ate it up .... I love watching her feed . luckily for another cricket i have cataracts in my right eye and because of that im blind in that eye .. so as i was getting crickets out for feeding one made a mad dash for freedom and got away lol some crickets have all the luck

Lawrence b

3 Year Member
The crickets are okay till they start singing then 9 times out 10 their somewhere you just cant get them .

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Roaches are the most nutritious option. Silk worms are also an option. Super/meal worms, and wax worms aren't very nutritious . Mice,lizards,frogs ets are not needed, and I wouldn't recommend them.

novakdesigns

3 Year Member
I feed mine crickets. Some of my other Ts uSed to like locusts and friend feeds her ****roaches. I went to buy crickets for Marilyn yesterday and received a mouthful off lady in pet shop. She asked what lizard i had so i said, they are for my spider. She told me not to be so bloody stupid and that crickets are dangerous and will kill spider and i should only feed her locustsand if i didnt know that then i shouldnt be keeping Ts!!! I pointed out that a) i never leave loads of crickets roaming around her tank to jump on or bite her b) bloody locusts just go to the lid of tank and hang upside down there c) even if locust stays on ground for a bit she shows no interest.
I know people have their diff opinions and things they prefer but to speak to me like i was stupid/ animal harmer really annoyed me