• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I just got kissed..

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Lmao, but I didn't, Enn! I still keep my favorites. I still love spiders. They don't understand! And ****head is still hiding. He has a beautiful tail..:rolleyes: At least he moved to my basking rockpile. You have no idea how patient I'm being with him..little muthaf..ehem!

I know but maybe you should sit them down and explain to them that you can love both :D:D

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Any more symptoms from the bite? All better now? Wondering how long symptoms persisted?
Lets see, happened around 8-9 pm and kind of kicked on and off til 4 am, when I woke up. It was not like a bee or scorpion sting. Initially kind of hot, similar to my local scorps, but you can feel it moving up your hand, and it comes in waves. It will subside, then return, weaker than before. It hurt worse in the morning, finger was sore and tender. Not bad, but I would say worse then any wasp or "weaker" scorp venom. With them, its pretty much over after ten minutes or so. All of this was just my particular reaction, people react differently. Some folks here think the scorpions are extremely painful. I find them..negligable. I'd rather be hit by them, or a wasp, then my pulchra, to be honest. Wasnt too bad, but wasnt too fun either. Oh btw, the finger was sore for a few hrs but went away when I started my day. Now you can barely see the two little holes, I have antibiotic cream plugging them up. No infection.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@MassExodus What was the Jumping Spider bite like?
A non event :). I felt it squeeze my finger with its legs briefly, a small (almost mosquito-like) stab, slight itching for a second. Nothing to fear at all. I was more suprised, and slightly offended, that I gotten tagged again..lol

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A non event :). I felt it squeeze my finger with its legs briefly, a small (almost mosquito-like) stab, slight itching for a second. Nothing to fear at all. I was more suprised, and slightly offended, that I gotten tagged again..lol

I'm surprised some thing that small could even penetrate the skin of a human.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
By the way..I handle wolf spiders, jumping spiders, grass spiders, green lynx spiders, all of the spiders you see on a daily basis outside, in garages, w/e. This is the first time one bit me. I won't hesitate to handle them again. I hear wolf spiders can hurt, I've never even managed to keep one still in my hand, they flee frantically everytime. Folks, dont be afraid of common spiders, they're harmless. (Except the few that aren't..)

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A friend of ours used to repair hangar doors on airfields and he'd come home with his upper arms covered in bites where he'd reached over the runners on top and been bitten by spiders that lived up there. They were the common UK spiders that most people come across in their homes.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A friend of ours used to repair hangar doors on airfields and he'd come home with his upper arms covered in bites where he'd reached over the runners on top and been bitten by spiders that lived up there. They were the common UK spiders that most people come across in their homes.
Well..I mean yeah, you don't want to be silly about it..lol..You ignore a bunch of spiders and run your arms all across their home..you'll pay the price for it. But, in the end, harmless..unless you count tiny bites as harmful, in which case, stay inside, there's mosquitos out there..:rolleyes::D

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
003-funny-animal-gifs-104-dog-spider-man.gif

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula venom is strange. My finger hurts worse right now than at anytime since the bite. Maybe cause I was drinking? Don't know. Stiff as hell, throbbing all the way to top knuckle. Dont get me wrong, its not excrutiating. But no local buthids or wasps or others can do this to me. She must have injected a bunch of venom fast, the bite was very quick. I wish I could get a decent image of the two little perfect holes in the crease of my knuckle. Ill see if I can borrow a friends camera today. Looking at her molt, and the bite, she didnt go very deep, the holes are too small.
be grateful was your finger!

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I'm not..I high-sided my bike at 45 mph in a 90º turn (fast leak in front tire) and slapped the concrete. The concrete apologized. Just sayin...
I can top that....I went ended a double decker bus as a kid and lived to tell the tale (just)

Latest posts