• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I feel like I won the lottery!

CrystalRose

3 Year Member
The other day I happened to be poking around craigslist. I saw an ad for a G. pulchra female. I immediately contacted the guy and made arrangements to pick it up that night. He was moving out of state Friday (this was on Wednesday I contacted him) and really wanted her rehomed before he had to move so he was asking a ridiculously low price. I drove a little bit over an hour to get her but I ended up coming home with...this!

Once I got there he asked me if I would perhaps also be interested in an A. versicolor female. Of course I said YES! So I came home with her too.

Once I got home I panicked a little because I realized that all my spare enclosures were more geared towards terrestrials. I had NO idea what to put the versi in. I wasn't planning on coming home with anything but the G. pulchra lol. He sent her home in a medium kritter keeper but I knew that wasn't going to work. So I went all through the house trying to find something and finally found my solution. My spaghetti container LOL. I'm still going to get her something else but hey it works in a pinch :D

These are two of my dream spiders so right now I am over the moon! Thanks for looking :D

StoptheInsanity

3 Year Member
You did hit the lottery!!! Congrats:). I check Craig's list regularly hoping for a find like yours now I know it can happen.

Pictures are beautiful...Some of my best buys, and largest T's were from private local people...Also, I wanted to let people know that I also found an item perfect for arboreals...A spagetti microwave cooker...It's tall, clear plexi (we drilled air holes up and down) and has a tight fitting lid with air holes, plus another lid to keep the humidity in if needed...Just wonderful!!!...I found these at the flea market and good will and only paid $1.00 each...Now I'm on the look out for them...I will take pictures when I can and try to put them on this site...

CrystalRose

3 Year Member
You did hit the lottery!!! Congrats:). I check Craig's list regularly hoping for a find like yours now I know it can happen.

Yes it can! I got my B. emilia that way about a month ago too!

Stoptheinsanity,I will have to keep my eyes open for one of those microwave spaghetti cookers. I know the container she's in is fine I just want something a little more see through. Thanks everyone. I haven't stopped grinning since I got home with them the other night :)

CrystalRose

3 Year Member
Yep just keep looking! I see a lot on Craigslist that are overpriced too. Like earlier today I came across one for a male A. avic for 100.00 and a G. rosea with a 10 gallon tank for 80.00 lol. Every once in awhile a gem pops up but you have to get on it FAST lol. The ones I was able to get were really good deals. The B. emilia with her enclosure was 50.00,the G. pulchra with her enclosure was 50.00 and the A. versicolor without her regular enclosure was 30.00 but he sent her home in a medium kritter keeper that I can use for something else eventually. He also used to have snakes so he gave me to two under the tank heaters he had leftover. I can always use spares for mine. So it was a really great deal all around. :D

Tara Russell

3 Year Member
The other day I happened to be poking around craigslist. I saw an ad for a G. pulchra female. I immediately contacted the guy and made arrangements to pick it up that night. He was moving out of state Friday (this was on Wednesday I contacted him) and really wanted her rehomed before he had to move so he was asking a ridiculously low price. I drove a little bit over an hour to get her but I ended up coming home with...this!

Once I got there he asked me if I would perhaps also be interested in an A. versicolor female. Of course I said YES! So I came home with her too.

Once I got home I panicked a little because I realized that all my spare enclosures were more geared towards terrestrials. I had NO idea what to put the versi in. I wasn't planning on coming home with anything but the G. pulchra lol. He sent her home in a medium kritter keeper but I knew that wasn't going to work. So I went all through the house trying to find something and finally found my solution. My spaghetti container LOL. I'm still going to get her something else but hey it works in a pinch :D

These are two of my dream spiders so right now I am over the moon! Thanks for looking :D
Wow awesome good photos you got ^^ lovely T's ^^

Quandry

3 Year Member
Gorgeous! I love the Brazilian blacks! They are stunning! Avics of all kinds are just as cute as can be, too, because they are so fuzzy.