• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I did it! And I'm so excited!!

Calico

3 Year Member
After much going back and forth, I purchased my second T!! I figured it was a deal too good to pass up (I hope I don't regret it).
I got a female B.Albolpilosum 1.5-2". This is what I've wanted for awhile and when I found a female, I had to do it. I'm hoping all the good reviews Jamie's Tarantulas have gotten come true for me. She won't be here until after the new year so I have some time to find a good setup.
Merry Christmas to me!

Dustin Amack

3 Year Member
I have several B. albos. You wont regret this T, they are great! Also, I have made several purchases from Jamie and she is awesome! Congrats on the new addition.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Very nice addition, B. albopilosum was my very first tarantula (9/2014) that I ordered from a member of another forum. They are great eaters. I've ordered from Jaimie three or four times, all of those times everything came alive and well.

Many people say that B. albopilosum are boring, don't listen to (or read) those statements, as they have way more character then they get credit for.

Calico

3 Year Member
Very nice addition, B. albopilosum was my very first tarantula (9/2014) that I ordered from a member of another forum. They are great eaters. I've ordered from Jaimie three or four times, all of those times everything came alive and well.

Many people say that B. albopilosum are boring, don't listen to (or read) those statements, as they have way more character then they get credit for.

I've heard a lot of people recommend them as being docile and entertaining. I'm too much of an arachnaphobe to get anything "exciting". As long as I can watch her, that's excitement enough for me.
And as for being boring, can't be anymore boring than my A.Chalcodes. All I see of him is the sealed up burrow hole!
Depending on how I do with this new one, I'll be looking for another. Maybe something with a little more color.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I've heard a lot of people recommend them as being docile and entertaining. I'm too much of an arachnaphobe to get anything "exciting". As long as I can watch her, that's excitement enough for me.
And as for being boring, can't be anymore boring than my A.Chalcodes. All I see of him is the sealed up burrow hole!
Depending on how I do with this new one, I'll be looking for another. Maybe something with a little more color.
Picture a bulldozer with eight legs covered in hair with what looks like gold highlights, that is a B. albopilosum.

Calico

3 Year Member
My girl will be delivered early next week and I find myself getting really nervous... I've watched a few videos of people unpacking their T's and it kinda scares me! Any advise on how to do this without causing it (and me) any stress? Funny when we got Cal it was just a matter of scooping into a jar and "dumping" him into his tank. This is all new territory for me!

Calico

3 Year Member
Here's a recent video I did...

This is the first one I watched. I have the long tongs but will need to get a brush. I guess I was afraid it might jump out at me! Watching how cautious you are. Didn't realize how they would come packed up. Thanks for sharing!

spiderpaws

3 Year Member
Congrats on your B. Albopilosum!! Unboxing should be fairly simple, especially with a curly hair. Just be sure to carefully pull off the paper towels with feeding tongs or something similar :)

Calico

3 Year Member
Congrats on your B. Albopilosum!! Unboxing should be fairly simple, especially with a curly hair. Just be sure to carefully pull off the paper towels with feeding tongs or something similar :)

It was very easy. I didn't care for the way she was packed. Seemed like one big strip of damp paper towel. Not individual sections. Was hard to get her uncovered because it all kept coming out at once and I couldn't find her. But she made it and is doing great. She's making herself at home and ate yesterday.

Latest posts