• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

I am felling like a bad person..

bookac

3 Year Member
Hey there.. I am felling like a bad person.. From time to time, I am feeling like i am giving stresses to my T, not on purpose of course..
And that's because i am new to this hobby (only 1 month).
I always find useful tips here that i am practicing with my T.

I have a tons to learn, and also i am wating for the " The Tarantula Keeper's Guide" book to arive so i can educate more.. I am really into this hobby, and i really want to learn from the expirienced keepers from forum,books etc.

I really want my T to be happy and healthy, so i am stressed about her also..
Maybe this is how it is with all begginers, i dont know.. I just wanted to share my concern..

Sorry for my bad grammar..

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Funny, I believe each keeper goes through this stage in the beginning.
Bear in mind, the TKG by Schultz, is primarily based on NW species and a good reference source as such. Hopefully the upcoming edition will omit the handling aspect of the hobby. Otherwise a very good book to have.
Btw, your stressing isn't transmitted to your Ts. [emoji6]

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Don't worry, we all feel like that at the beginning. It gets better as your confidence grows and as long as your T is feeding well you cant be far wrong.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
And as long as u r learning and not pestering the spider too awful much then it won't care.

Ghost

3 Year Member
@bookac I would say that every new keeper feels like that at some point when they first start out as its a huge learning curve,I can remember feeling the same all those years ago when I first got into the hobby the only thing was that back in the bad old days there wasn't as much information avaliable as there is today,most of what I learned when I first started out was from books and fellow keepers which meant traveling to shows to met them and the rest was trial and error.
Basically what I'm trying to say is dont get to stressed about trying to learn everything at once and remember any urgent questions you have can be answered in this forum and the rest you can learn over time.
Also remember it doesn't matter if you've been in the hobby a month or years you can still make mistakes even after all the years I've been in the hobby I still mess up now and again,heck it was only a few months ago that I took my eye of the ball during a rehouse and ended up chasing a very angry H.gigas around the room.....

bookac

3 Year Member
To be honest, what really makes me think like this today. Is that i did some changes in her enclousure, based on some info here, so i can keep her healthy.. And in the process of doing that, she got scared and kick hairs.. And before the changes in the enclousre she was finaly settled, and was eating like a beast every 2nd day.. I think i will need to wait a week again so she can settle again. And when i see that she is happy and not scared, i will be okey aswell :)

I just need to give her time ...
Thank you all :)