• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hurricane Florence & Typhoon Mangkhut

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Recent weather forecasts say there has been a shift in the storm and will greatly impact South Carolina. I live in Spartanburg County. Hopefully everyone has evacuated the coast. I'm more worried about possible tornadoes spawning from this storm. I used to live in Texas and I really don't want to go that route again. We had one here on my street last year (October 23rd) and it was an EF2. There were 2 that were about a mile from each other that came through my neighborhood. It was bad but not the worst I've seen. Either way, they scare the **** out of me....and lightning....I hide from it, lol!!!

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thank you for all your well wishes of safety. :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Recent weather forecasts say there has been a shift in the storm and will greatly impact South Carolina. I live in Spartanburg County. Hopefully everyone has evacuated the coast. I'm more worried about possible tornadoes spawning from this storm. I used to live in Texas and I really don't want to go that route again. We had one here on my street last year (October 23rd) and it was an EF2. There were 2 that were about a mile from each other that came through my neighborhood. It was bad but not the worst I've seen. Either way, they scare the **** out of me....and lightning....I hide from it, lol!!!
Casey, you need a Thunder buddy for life Hun. Stay safe x

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's funny because I love a good thunderstorm, it's the high winds that come with tornados and hurricanes that would scare me most.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I think we should also send our thoughts to any affected by Typhoon Mangkhut which has been overshadowed by Florence but I know we have members here from the Philippines so here's hoping you are all safe.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
absolutely. stay safe everyone. some UK weather warnings from Monday due to high winds too but nothing like what others are going though! Our thought with you and all your loved ones for anybody affected

Latest posts