• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Huntsman found in the UK

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Had to be imported in. Probably came in with produce or something from another country. My friend works in the produce department for a grocery store here in the states and its not uncommon for them to find lizards, spiders and other small animals that stow themselves away in crates with goods from other countries.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
Funny thing is my sister just shared a video with me yesterday of a giant huntsman carring a mouse up the side of a refrigerator, seen it before but she was in shock lol I assured her we won't ever see one of those here in Ohio but guess you never know...

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Had to be imported in. Probably came in with produce or something from another country. My friend works in the produce department for a grocery store here in the states and its not uncommon for them to find lizards, spiders and other small animals that stow themselves away in crates with goods from other countries.
This happened to me when i was working in the garden center in a Home Depot here. Once we had a very large brown recluse in a stack of pots we had transferred in from a Southern US store. It got squished quick. Then the last summer i was there we had a Townsend Chipmunk hitch a ride in a shipment of trees from Washington State. He was the store pet, and a draw for customers, until one of the floor managers thought it was interfering with our work and had it trapped. Was funny to see all the hate mail come in from that :) he didn't remain a floor manager for long after.

Tgotty90

3 Year Member
This happened to me when i was working in the garden center in a Home Depot here. Once we had a very large brown recluse in a stack of pots we had transferred in from a Southern US store. It got squished quick. Then the last summer i was there we had a Townsend Chipmunk hitch a ride in a shipment of trees from Washington State. He was the store pet, and a draw for customers, until one of the floor managers thought it was interfering with our work and had it trapped. Was funny to see all the hate mail come in from that :) he didn't remain a floor manager for long after.
I happen to run a small hardware store my self, we never get any surprises in the order but I do have a family of raccoons living in the rafters of our over hang. After years of playing animal control, we just left em be. Theres a nice patch of woods with a stream right next to the building so it doesn't matter if we catch and release them they keep coming back.:p

Last edited: