• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Huge Mistake

Ratmosphere

3 Year Member
When I was feeding my large Pumpkin Patch tarantula something bad happened. The small enclosure that it was in tipped over and the spider went running. The tarantula fell off my dresser and onto the floor. It died today. I'm very upset about this.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I am so sorry but don't blame yourself as accidents happen. The T could just as easily have run up the wall and been fine.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Damn that stinks..sorry for your loss. As Enn49 says, don't be to hard on yourself. These are delicate animals and it could happen to any of us. I've come close to disasters a few times. We're all human, and spiders panic very easily. Don't dwell too long on it.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I agree with these guys. Dont beat urself up...just learn from ur mistakes. maybe set the enclosure on the floor when u feed. I do this now because of similar close calls of my own......sorry for ur loss. :(

Therasoid

3 Year Member
My condolences for your loss. [emoji20]
Accidents do happen, its beyond our control, and we have to live with that. Don't blame yourself too much and not let it deter your interest in the hobby. Carry on, maybe get another one, and look for many years of enjoyment keeping it.
Btw, those are a beautiful species to have and care for. IMO. [emoji6]