• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HOWDY

Adrinium

Hello, I started just last month with a T albo 1+ inch sling about a month ago and now I have a juvie T. albo, a juvie A. avic, a very small 1cm+ A. hentzi and a super small maybe less than 1cm LP sling (smallest thing i've ever taken care of haha i am trying my best). Bout to get a 2 inch B. smithi/hamori and a 3/4 inch A. geniculata. I've done massive amount of research plus having a degree in biology kinda helps but not really tbh lmfao. I did take some class about using insects to determine date of death but it's rare spiders are involved in that.

still learning new things every day about these aliens!

testdasi

Hello, I started just last month with a T albo 1+ inch sling about a month ago and now I have a juvie T. albo, a juvie A. avic, a very small 1cm+ A. hentzi and a super small maybe less than 1cm LP sling (smallest thing i've ever taken care of haha i am trying my best). Bout to get a 2 inch B. smithi/hamori and a 3/4 inch A. geniculata. I've done massive amount of research plus having a degree in biology kinda helps but not really tbh lmfao. I did take some class about using insects to determine date of death but it's rare spiders are involved in that.
still learning new things every day about these aliens!

Welcome to the hobby. You will have a nice time raising those slings.

A year from now, you probably will have a 4.5" genic, 4" LP, 2.5" B. hamorii, 1.5" T. albo and a hentzi that still feels 1cm+. Those Aphonopelmas grow slooooooooooooooooooowly. :eek:

I highly recommend you get a GBB (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens), very beginner friendly and a pleasure to raise from slings and see their rather dramatic colour and pattern change.

And once you think you are ready for an OW, as always, I recommend Pokies. :T:

Latest posts