• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How to calm this T?

hellknite

3 Year Member
I've noticed that unlike all my other T's, my 7 inched Nhandu Tripepi is the most aggressive of all. Even when feeding, she just goes berzerk after the prey which I enjoy watching. But most of the time even just by slowly opening or light tapping of the enclosure, she is always in a threat display pose. The paint brush doesn't seem to work on her but more oftenly put her on a bad temper.
Are there any other ways how to calm down this T??
uploadfromtaptalk1411193470612.jpg

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Gorgeous girl! I have to agree with HungryGhost. There is no way to "train" a tarantula to have a better temperament. Just be cautious when working with her, enjoy the show, and maybe she'll settle down more after her next molt (some Ts have been known to become more or less defensive after molts).

hellknite

3 Year Member
She is sure one great T.. as she surely pulls out instant feelings from my visitors.. and keeps unwanted visitors out..

Last edited: