• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How long can my Caribena Versicolor wait post molt to feed?

setsunadiava

I’m going out of the country tomorrow and my beautiful girl molted today. I’ll be back in two weeks, is that waaaay too long for her to wait post molt?

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Will they be okay to wait for two weeks even after a molt? They’re about seven months old.

Yes, it will be fine. Think about the way they live in the wild. They are ambush hunters & so will obviously sometimes go many weeks or months between feeds.

In captivity, we know some T's go well over a year without feeding. An adult female Grammastola rosea I brought a few weeks ago, I was told had just taken a cricket for the first time in almost 2 years.

Honestly don't worry. Your Vericolor will take food when it's ready. I often find offering smaller food encourages less regular feeders. Also, don't forget to leave the food in for at least 24 hours, as some T's will only feed at night.