• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How is this tank for a Chaco golden knee tarantula?

Is this a good setup for a Chaco golden knee tarantula?

• Total voters

Chicken101

Hi I make custom terrariums for all different types of animals and I got one for a Chaco golden knee tarantula.So I made a enclosure for it and was wondering if this is a good enclosure if there's any changes I should make or anything I can do to make it better. It is a 29 gallon aquarium with 7 inches of substrate sloping down it has live plants and is completely bioactive.It also has a water fall.
15784608379371914556591591503436.jpg
15784609153827969108272672660629.jpg
15784609834093842127586374725390.jpg

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I liked how the orange contrasts with the rest of the tank. Do tarantulas like cork bark better?
It's personal choice if you have a plant pot or Cork bark or both :) either way Ts benefit from having a hide in there enclosure

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Since it is a G. pulchripes, I wouldn't put them in a bioactive setup, simply because they like dry conditions and a lot of plants you see in bioactive enclosures require a lot of moisture. The sticks could present a falling hazard. The rocks could be a potential hazard if the G. pulchripes were to fall as well, more substrate wouldn't hurt either, I'd also be worried about the rocks caving in on the tarantula if it burrowed under. Most cases I would say the enclosure size is too large (I would only put a tarantula over 8" DLS. Now if you don't have much experience with tarantulas, I would NOT recommend getting one of these, but a Hysterocrates gigas would look amazing in that enclosure if it had a few more inches of substrate.

But that is just my opinion as I am a minimalist and only use the bare necessities in my enclosures, others may defer.

Chicken101

Thank you PanzoN88 and Arachnoclown for your opinion. I have since taken out the live plants and sticks. Added more dirt. The rocks go down to the bottom and are silicone in,so that is not a problem. Also the tarantula is not for me it is for someone with way more experience.

Latest posts