• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

How do you catch them??

Calico

3 Year Member
Silly question. I just started feeding my T's B.Lats because I can't keep crickets alive and they wanted nothing to do with the Dubia's. Tried superworms and mealworms to no avail also. So now I am trying the B.Lats. Since I have T's that range from 1" to 5" I bought small, medium and large. I already had pinheads for the 1".
My question is how the heck do you catch the suckers?? I tried with my tongs but ended up pulling off antenae and legs. I WILL NOT attempt with my hands! Any ideas and/or secrets would be appreciated.

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I don't have a picture handy, but I dump a bunch of them into a tall 32 ounce deli cup (They can't climb the sides...) and I use a pair of sharp nosed forceps to snatch up one at a time and drop them into the spider's lair. The tweezers allow me to grab the correct sized roach for the spider I'm feeding.

Doesn't matter if you pull off antenna or legs. They aren't going to need them in a few seconds anyway.

images.jpeg

Last edited:

G300

Leave some cardboard tubes in your colony tub (kitchen roll type are best if you use toilet roll they can run out quicker) then have a cup/Tub ready and just shake the tubes into what ever container you choose then put the container in the fridge for 15/20 mins ish then just use tweezers to get the now cold slow runners and feed to whatever then they will soon liven up and zoom about as they warm up simples lol

Latest posts