• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Housing

jon b

3 Year Member
I moved my giant earth tiger into a larger tank she is around 6-7inches at the moment.

She was in a 30x30x30 exo terra but have moved her into a reptile one 24 x 18 inch tank.

Since moving she seems to spend all her time in her burrow. I was wondering if maybe i have stepped up the tank size too early? I dont think she comes out at all expect when i have once interferred to check she was still alive.

Any thoughts? thanks

spidertank2_zpsxiyh68bu.jpg

spidertank1_zpsnluqqlx5.jpg

Will25

3 Year Member
Big enclosures tend to stress T's alot. If it is more than 4 times her length it is probably a bit too big. But just give it some time. Tarantulas sometimes take weeks on end before they feel comfortable in a new enclosure!

jon b

3 Year Member
i think it is around 3 weeks in new tank. should i revert her back to smaller tank at some point?

Chubbs

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That depends on how well the tarantula is setting in. If you think there's a chance of it escaping then I'd say yes.

jon b

3 Year Member
No chance of escape unless door left open is kept locked.

I find it hard to judge if settling in ok as i do not see if come out of its burrow. It took to burrow i made prior to placing spider in tank however i should of made it against the side so i can see in

jon b

3 Year Member
Ok thanks i will give it a few more weeks. She doesnt seem to want to come out to feed yet

Latest posts