• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Houdini

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
Well, after being missing for 5 days and 2 recapture attempts (and fails), Houdini, as I've named him, has finally been put back into his pill bottle. I should probably think about some how putting a lock on that thing :rolleyes: Having an S. calceatum loose in your room for 5 days, knowing he's either under your desk or your bed, is quite a thrill. The other 3 are doing wonderfully!

These things are lightening fast. Definitely a step up from Avics but damn, are they fun! Can't wait til the little guys get bigger and start showing that attitude ;)

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
Haha I was pretty nervous when he first got loose but quickly realized that he's really too small to do any harm. Really, the thing is half an inch at best!

trailblazin02

3 Year Member
I know your feeling. I got my ornatas versi an 2 s. Cals also. I had a pokie on the loose but was quickly captured after racing it across the floor and back up my arm

trailblazin02

3 Year Member
I can't believe u found it. They are so tiny. Like a little ball of lint lol. I was surprised how fuzzy they are being that small.

LeahThomas

3 Year Member
I was actually really surprised I found it too. Especially since my room is a mess at the moment, AND because they are mainly terrestrial at this age. I figured he'd never climb walls, and he was lost under my bed or book shelf and would die in a few weeks. Came home from class one day and saw a teeny tiny little dark spot up in the corner of my room! Took me a few attempts to catch him but I'm glad I did. And you're right! Little balls of lint haha. Really adorable though, can't wait til they molt!