• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hoochee Coocher Grossa

Phobik1

3 Year Member
My very first attempt at pairing. Using a cell phone w absolutely no experience doing this video stuff so bear with me. They both got right to it. I couldnt tell if it was successful. Anyone w a good eye?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My very first attempt at pairing. Using a cell phone w absolutely no experience doing this video stuff so bear with me. They both got right to it. I couldnt tell if it was successful. Anyone w a good eye?
View attachment 53838
Glad to see you decided to go for it. Should always aim for 3 or 4 good insertions if you can. The females start to reject the males when they "know" there was success so if she is still receptive, keep at it would be my advice. Good luck.

Phobik1

3 Year Member
Glad to see you decided to go for it. Should always aim for 3 or 4 good insertions if you can. The females start to reject the males when they "know" there was success so if she is still receptive, keep at it would be my advice. Good luck.
Yea so thats the big question. What does an insertion look like? When he stops his gym bag boxing and you see on arm hold still while on her belly?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yea so thats the big question. What does an insertion look like? When he stops his gym bag boxing and you see on arm hold still while on her belly?
An insertion is when the palps and the hook like end of the emboli can be seen inserting into the females flap between the 1st set of book lungs. It can be very difficult to spot as it is usually all legs and tickling going on and as they are terrestrial, it all goes underneath where the camera field of vision can sometimes not reach.

Best to try a few times so that the chances of insertions are maximised.

I will see if I can find some videos/pics from some of my pairings that actually show the insertion. Like I say though, can be hard to capture on camera especially when you are also trying to protect the male. Ha ha

Try this one...

Last edited:

Phobik1

3 Year Member
An insertion is when the palps and the hook like end of the emboli can be seen inserting into the females flap between the 1st set of book lungs. It can be very difficult to spot as it is usually all legs and tickling going on and as they are terrestrial, it all goes underneath where the camera field of vision can sometimes not reach.

Best to try a few times so that the chances of insertions are maximised.

I will see if I can find some videos/pics from some of my pairings that actually show the insertion. Like I say though, can be hard to capture on camera especially when you are also trying to protect the male. Ha ha

Try this one...
I couldnt play your video but your explanation for insertion was clear. I was watching for something like that and trying to make sure i could catch it on camera but like you said, that can be tuff. Im gonna try again tomorrow nite. Today she will eat.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I couldnt play your video but your explanation for insertion was clear. I was watching for something like that and trying to make sure i could catch it on camera but like you said, that can be tuff. Im gonna try again tomorrow nite. Today she will eat.
Might be because if the soundtrack as some countries don't allow it. I have taken a screen shot from the video (not the best but hopefully you can make it out).
20210220_163913.jpg

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
After successful insertion it's not unusual for the male and female to pop apart like "wtf just happened?" and then go to separate corners

Phobik1

3 Year Member
Well. I just tried feeding the female. She just touched it, turned around and slowly strolled into her hide. Hmf!
I tried feeding the male and he ran to his hide. He just wants more Nookie.

Latest posts